Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Countdown Begins...

... I know y'all have been counting down the days on your calendars... palm pilots... paperlink chains... advent calendars...

... and I know that what you're REALLY excited about, has nothing to do with the fat guy in the red suit, or the mysterious boxes under the tree that rattle...

Let's face it. You're counting down the hours until US Country comes back!


I scheduled the first US Country log today. Since I don't expect y'all to stay up until Midnight PACIFIC time Tuesday (3am Eastern) when the channel change happens, allow me to tell you that the last song to play on Music City Holiday will be MG's Merry Christmas From the Family. And the first song to play on US Country? Why FILP of course!

Speaking of his Garth-ness, I'm sure many of you have already realized this, but the man is cheap these days. My Walmart has a big bin of his CD's for $5.50, and they've marked the DVD set down to $15! Yikes. And there's still plenty of them left. Instead of being worried that the ebay'ers would grab up the "limited" number of set and jack the price up, they should have worried about whether they could sell a million of them. I did my part, I bought three. Two of them are wrapped and under the tree... I wish I had the receipt so I could return them and re-buy them, saving myself $20. Maybe over Christmas break I'll get around to watching mine.

On a much brighter note, I keep forgetting to congratulate Mr. & Mrs. B for their Grammy nomination for "Love Will Always Win." I know a bunch of you heard it for the first time on Highway 16... I'm glad that whole experience turned out to be worth something.

Thanks to all of you for posting your locations below, and a special welcome to all those we drew out of the woodwork! I love connecting with country music fans from all over the world, the internet has been very good to me in that respect over the past 7 years. Special shout out to Cathy in Canada who remembers my CountryCool days. It's very nice to meet y'all... I hope you'll come out and play more often.

Those of you who have been here in the past 24 hours but haven't posted your location for everyone else to see... well quite honestly, I wonder what you've got to hide. ;-)

Y'all can quit bugging me about the photos... I get the message. I *may* share my headshot choice here tomorrow now that Sandi has fixed my hair (how's that for a great hairdresser? She colors it in real life and cuts it in cyberspace!) There's a couple more things I want to tweak if I can figure out how.

I'm contemplating blackmailing Kyle and Jon...there are a couple of really goofy ones where they're talking. It might take some serious chocolate for me not to share them with the XM Nation.

In the meantime, I'll share a slightly larger version of my own goofy one, which some of you astutely noticed is my new profile pic. Although probably not for long.

Taken, for those who don't recognize it, in the Rotunda of the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum. The mural behind me is the "Benton Mural" and the lower rectangle on the wall on the right is George Strait's plaque.

3 comments:

DaveBrz said...

WHAT??? US Country coming back so soon? I was just getting into the music.

Speaking of Garth, I didn't see many in my local Walmarts, then again they don't carry much in country music at all.

As I send this, there is 4 days, 4 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 38 seconds until US Coountry is back.

Anonymous said...

I received the XM radio we're giving to my mom for Christmas! I hope she won't be afraid of it because it's "satellite." Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I *love* the Rotunda in the CMHoF. It just gives me goosebumps--maybe that's why I like that picture so much. :)

And this:

I know a bunch of you heard it for the first time on Highway 16

totally made me giggle. :P