Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Christmas Card Dilemma - Part 2

If you travel a lot - even if it's for work - it's probably best to show off a family photo from somewhere exotic. Just resist the urge to sign it "Nah-nah-nah-nah-neh-na, you didn't get to go here."

It was upon opening Charlie Daniels' card that I thought about not even bothering to send cards of my own. How can you compete with the Great Wall of China? You can't.

The illuminated cacti are from my SIL in Tucson, who does not have a record deal but always sends the coolest Christmas cards.

Of course, you can completely forgo the whole "card" notion, and send something that doesn't open, so you don't have to come up with a catchy greeting or anything. I'm particularly fond of the one on the right, because I took the photo in the Bobby Brady position of Grascal Munchkin holding daddy's IBMA award.

There are some more generic - although very beautiful - Christmas cards sent out by artists and labels as well, but those won't fetch me nearly as much on ebay. ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably should've gotten official permission on that, huh? I hope you don't sue us. It was one of my most favorite pictures of the year of #2.

Producer J. said...

I won't. I was quite flattered.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I want to see your new profile pic full size, J!!!

Sharon said...

ME TOO! Looks like a fun photo shoot! Bigger - how to make it bigger so we can SEE?

Producer J. said...

You don't. :-P I do believe microscopic is better.

If Sandi can photoshop me some better hair I might let you see the regular headshot.

Might.

Anonymous said...

I'll work on it tonight. :) After that, I'm off until next Wednestday!

Do I get to see the profile pic as a reward? :D