Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Calls

Mail call!
The cool thing about having your mail held while you're out of town is that you come home to all kinds of goodies. And some not so goodies. The latest stash includes chocolate chip cookies from Brooks & Dunn (seriously, doesn't anyone send fruit baskets anymore?) a Christmas card from Dakota and Avery, and this beautiful scarf from Sandi, who wouldn't let me steal hers. Oh yeah... and a DVD from what's his name. Check out B&D's Christmas card. The inside says "From our herd to yours..." And Kix and Ronnie both signed it - unlike every other artist card that was pre-printed.

Roll call!
Ha! I have outed another lurker... this one a friend in Columbus, OH. Yay! Now I want to hear from the California contingency. San Jose, Rancho Cuca-something-or-another, and my hubby's birthplace of Glendale have all shown up this week. Who are you?

Phone calls!
We got rid of our home phone a couple of weeks ago, and added an additional cell phone line. (But are NOT calling it Delaynie's phone.) It saves us $25 a month, but I've yet to decide if it was a good decision. Has anyone done this? Feedback?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know our phone systems are different to yours' in the US, but what I did was to only have incoming calls through my landline ph (at no cost at all) and I had a VOIP phone installed on my computer for my outgoing calls and I save oodles of $$. The VOIP is awesome, I can call NY, talk for 2 hrs and pay only about $2.50US. Very very cool imho. The system is prepaid and on average, we barely use about $8.00US a month worth of calls.
My daughter and I still have our cell phones for convenience and security.
What gets me is that you guys get screwed over badly by your ph companies... when I was in the US last year, I was shocked to discover that you guys get charged for incoming calls, when someone else calls you!!! That is soooo wrong. Here, only the person who makes the call, pays for it. Not both!!
very odd indeed :P
Nice goodies btw :) I received my Trisha xmas card yesterday and was very pleased to see it survived the journey in perfect condition.

Anonymous said...

You have more mail! I'm not a lurker, just not adept at posting on blogs. :)

Pam said...

when we finally stop moving we are thinking of going only with cellphones. No land line phone.

Here in San Antonio we have our Cable tv, phone, and cable internet with Time Warner. All our long distance is included in the monthly bill. No matter how many calls we make. That's pretty cool.

Unknown said...

I ditched my land line years ago, but I also move around like crazy, so it's just easier. Plus I'm NEVER home. My roommate and I both have our cells.

It's cheaper merely because I pretty much have to have a cell phone for work now (how did we survive without these, honestly?).

Gorgeous scarf, by the by! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hmph...I didn't get a Christmas card from Brooks & Dunn. Nice stash of goodies.

Saw Broken Bridges when it aired on CMT. It was okay, but I thought it was a little disjointed and didn't flow very smoothly from scene to scene.

I still have a land line and will probably keep it since I don't totally rely on cell phone service yet. I did get rid of long distance service on my land line since I get free long distance on my cell, so I'm saving a bit there.

Welcome to Barbara and Mary Ann and the other lurkers who have come out of the woodword!

Hope everyone had a very nice Christmas and has a safe, healthy and Happy New Year!

Paula

Anonymous said...

I do hate not being able to edit...that was woodwork.

Paula