Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Christmas Card Dilemma - Part 1

It must be tough to be a country star. The simplest decisions, like which Christmas card to send, can be mindboggling. How best to convey the message of the season?

Do you pick out a favorite photo of yourself, so that your adoring public doesn't forget what you look like in this season full of jolly fat men wearing red? Because seriously... that baby in the manger is getting way too much face time.

Or is it better to show you and your favorite four-legged creature, to spread that warm fuzzy holiday feeling? (Seriously Josh... we'd much rather have seen the baby!)
L-R those pooches are Gibson and Moses, should you be wondering.... they both "signed" the card.

Perhaps you figure people have seen enough of your face(s) over the past year, and you can find something with really cool artwork.

L-R: The CMA, Diamond Rio, and Phil Vassar.

Phil's cards always have cool piano artwork, and Rio's features a design by someone from Big Brothers / Big Sisters, along with a message about the organization.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's mine? :P

Anonymous said...

Ya it must be a tough decision....
I'd be pretty excited opening your mail though...lol!

Unknown said...

Fascinating to see all of these - although I need the USPS to stop sending all of those Holiday cards and find my missing package full of gifts! Ugh!

Great stuff though...

FYI, one and all - I am "offically" an XM user. Yippee!

Don't worry, the first thing that came out of my new receiver on the preview channel was "Hi, this is Trisha Yearwood and I believe in the power of X". Are these things personalized or what?! :)

Of course, after I refreshed the radio and recieved all the channels, the first offical song I heard was "The Dance". Seriously personalized. :)

Needless to say, I'm already addicted to the thing. Thanks J!

Anonymous said...

Alicia! Welcome to the power of X! Which one did you get? ...and does it have the "G-beep"?

I got two cards, one from Trisha and one from Alan, but that's it! Course, I'm bad...don't send out holiday greetings.

...and in response to comments on the previous entry, I also want to see a larger profile picture.:p

Paula

Producer J. said...

Ok, I'm ticked. I didn't get cards from either Trisha OR Alan.

But if you share photos of yours I'll post them for everyone to enjoy!

And YAY for Lish!

Anonymous said...

Just sent ya a photo of Trisha's, in case you haven't gotten one yet. :)