Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Exhaustion

Clearly, when I suggested getting on a plane Monday morning after a weekend away, I was slightly loopy.

But when I really lost my mind was when I said "I don't need a hotel room! I'm not there very long anyway. Eckington has everything I need."

Well it's true, they did. See, I was booked at this ever so slightly creepy hotel in not the best neighborhood. I have some really lousy memories of the last time I was there - not as much related to the hotel as it was the situation I was put in - but quite honestly, I have no desire to go back.

So since our massive headquarters has both of my hotel requirements (a coffee pot and a hairdryer) as well as the basic necessities (a roof, showers) and I'm usually at HQ until late at night and back early in the morning, I figured what the heck, I'll just crash on a couch.

So, the Green Room was my home for the night. Which would have been really nice - it was private, I could kill the lights, and I had my own XM system. However.. the one problem was that the couch was not at all the big comfy leather couch like I have at my house. It was more of a square, short, modern uncomfy couch. A good night sleep it was not.

However, I didn't loose time with trivial things like going to a hotel, and have gotten all kinds of things accomplished. To the point where I could probably take the rest of the week off.

And sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The creepy hotel has all kinds of ambiance, though. :P (And I'm sure I spelled that wrong!)

Glad you at least found a couch?

Sharon said...

Does that 'Green Room' have a lock on the door? I'm looking at that group picture and wondering just how many pranksters are in that picture? Your sleeping on the couch could have been an opportune time for a really, REALLY good prank! LOL