Thursday, December 07, 2006

Photos

Updated - 6:30pm CT
Just in case you think our weekend in Pigeon Forge was nothing but shopping and entertainment... I have photo evidence that Sandi actually had to do some work... yes... I trusted her with a bottle of haircoloring. And my head. The best part was when I asked her if she had done this before. Her answer was "I watch my hairdresser." Nice.

Although as you can see... I didn't end up with green hair or anything.



Sandi has a ton of photos that just... well... defy words. And laws of electricity. Seriously... the photos don't do justice to the Smoky Mountain Tackiness. If you ask her nice, she might share.

One more of my favorites though - the mantle at this BBQ place we ate at.. where I somehow managed to get a sandwich that was not in the least bit BBQ'd. Apparently there was not room for the kitchen sink up there - but everything else made it. I've added a few photos below too, including one of the MistleToe Roaster guys posing for Paula mid-show. BTW - if you remember when I first saw a preview of the show in August I commented that Santa had to go to Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve, and that I was sure this crowd could figure out why. We laughed hysterically when the punch line was delivered in the show (Langdon even commented that they had some Garth fans in the house that night.) After the show they told us we were only the 2nd ones to get the joke - Garth's brother Kelly had seen the show the night before.

I also added a picture of the promotional posters for the show. You'll see why I nearly fell down when I walked into the theatre and saw it.

Funny story posted on CountryNation.com tonight. Click here to read it. I'll wait until you come back.

This is my favorite part of the story:
Yeah, Toby Keith was here,'' Schooner Wharf bartender Angus Cameron said. ``Came in several times with his big old security dude that weighed like 400 pounds.''

That 400lb. security dude is my buddy Jason, (who is more like 300 lbs.) who used to be the head of security for the Hall of Fame. I saw Jason just last week. He said Toby was worn out from trying to tour and be a movie star all at the same time, and was taking a couple of months off.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely... cute picture of you, while I look like--a hair dresser! :o

The picture at the Mill makes up for it though--we both look cute. :D

Producer J. said...

You were a darn good hairdresser!

Pam said...

I saw Toby a couple weeks ago. The tix were free so I figured what the heck. It was a show for Ford truck owners but they gave out tickets at the bases in town.

Show wasn't half bad.

Producer J. said...

I had read that he was doing that. Very cool.

Is Jim at home, or is he deployed at the moment? Sorry, I've lost track.... but I was thinking of him just the other day. Actually, I was thinking of you. I think of you every time I hear the Joe Nichols song!

Pam said...

We are very lucky to have Jim at home. :D It's selfish of me I know but I keep telling him that he needs to retire. Deployments scare me to death.

It was kind of cool to read the little blurb at countrynation.com and know I had been at the concert. LOL

Love that Joe Nichols song. Man if I had a dollar for every hour I've spent waiting for Jim over the last 23 years. LOL

Anonymous said...

Guess it will be up to the courts to decide. On the Toby note, you'll be amused at Skye's comment today...

"Meanwhile, you can catch Toby while cruising at 35,000 feet. His feature film debut, "Broken Bridges," is showing on various airline flights.

This is a good sign. Not a single passenger has asked for a parachute."

This time last week, I was boarding my flight to Nashville...*sniff*

Paula

Anonymous said...

I think *I* need a parachute. :P

Unknown said...

great pics! Sandi, my hightlights need some love - what's your rate? :)

Anonymous said...

Highlights? Hmmm...I'll have to think about that. To start, a weekend in OK? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey!! There were Garth fans there in the same audience with Kelly and we sure did get the joke!!
BTW Kelly looked happy and in love!!

Bryan told us that we were the first to purchase the tickets for the second show in Brentwood that night. He was impressed that the order came from NY!! LOL