Sunday, November 18, 2007

Amy Paige Fan Club Meeting

Once again, Amy Paige has saved my sanity.

Now I know a bunch of you have known her longer than I have, from her days as a superstar DJ in the Big Apple. And I know a bunch more of you enjoy her on Highway 16 every day.

But let me just tell ya... as a person... she ROCKS. She is the kind of person who always has a sunny outlook and can find the silver lining in every cloud she listens to me whine about. I want to be her when I grow up. Without the NY accent.

I can't begin to tell you the trouble I've had with this Christmas channel (which, as I look at the clock, I realize, went on the air 7 minutes ago. Here comes more hate mail.) Most of my headaces originate with the scheduling software, which is doing something that completely baffled me. The guy who's supposed to help me up in D.C. completely ignored my pleas for help. Kyle Cantrell spent some time with me on Friday trying to help me out, and it baffled him too. Although he did show me a trick I didn't know about, which at least speeds up the process of fixing everything that goes wrong in the course of scheduling a day. The last 3 hours I've spent working on it would have taken me 4 1/2 - 5 easily before.

Those problems aside, however, I was not feeling good about the imaging pieces I was getting back for the channel. When I turned it in I asked for a warm, fuzzy, "drinking hot chocolate in front of the fireplace" feel.

What I got, was more like a "drinking-beer-out-in-the-barn" feel. In your overalls. For some reason, I have a real problem getting female voices that I like in my production pieces. Trinity, from our Jazz neighborhood, is awesome. But I use her on EVERYTHING.

So bless her heart, Amy Paige to the rescue. She cut voice overs for me... at home, on her own time. They were warm. Fuzzy. Inviting. Not just hot chocolate. Hot chocolate with a shot of brandy in it to go down extra smooth. Drank in front of a crackling fire, wrapped up in a blanket. Everything a Christmas channel is supposed to sound like.

Of course, as I say that, "Grandma Got Runover By A Reindeer" came on the channel. I've thrown "warm and fuzzy" out the window in the first 15 minutes of the channel's existance.

I started building the production myself, and am excited to tackle some more of it tomorrow. The 8 or so pieces I got done Friday already sound light years better than the redneck mumbo jumbo that I thankfully, am not going to have to put on the air.

So as I count my blessings this Thansgiving I'm thankful for co-workers that help you out even when they don't have to, and beautiful people with beautiful voices.

Three Cheers for Amy!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great when coworkers can help one another...seems it's rare these days....there's always a few that want to see you fail!
I'm not familiar with Amy but she sounds like a fantastic person...glad to hear she helped you out.:)

Main said...

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! For Amy, she sure sounds like a beautiful person!

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with Amy either, but she does sounds like a wonderful person. It is so great when someone does something extra for you! I appreciate that a lot, and try to be a good co-worker too. It seems like most people just do what they have to this days.

Anonymous said...

Hoo-Ray Amy!!! I hear her sometimes on my way to work, she's fun. But really Producer J., Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.

Anonymous said...

Yeay Amy!! :)

Jennifer said...

so what song did you choice to start this year of holiday music off.

Producer J. said...

Steve Wariner - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

He only says that because he was born on Christmas day. He wouldn't say it if he had to schedule 6 weeks of Christmas music. :-P

Anonymous said...

Yup that's Amy!! great gal!!
Um as most NY'er are!!! ;) LOL...

lish said...

Ha about Steve Wariner.

Rock on Amy!

And uh... I'll admit that I didn't go anywhere near the holiday channel or even XM today... cuz I can't stop listening to Mrs. Brooks' new album! DA-AMN it's good. :)

I'll allow myself to listen on Friday... AFTER the Tofurkey. ;)

- lish

Anonymous said...

Amy's always been great from the NY day's, but not caught her on XM yet.

But what's more important is someone taking the time out to help someone else.

There's no price on that.

UK

Anonymous said...

OK, ya'll are crazy! I didn't do anything anyone else with half of a heart wouldn't. Besides, who can say no to the hardest working woman in this crazy BIZ!! LOVE YOU JOYCE and I'm extremely thankful for YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

AMY

But you know someone who help's others, always says I didn't do anything which someone else wouldn't have.

I personally wanted to say a thanks to you for the help you gave Joyce and also Joyce, keep up your good work.

We've have Cagney & Lacey, Laverne & Shirley , now can we have Joyce & Amy.

Thanks

UK

Anonymous said...

Honestly UK, it was no biggie. Besides, I love to hear myself talk! Ask Joyce about the Keith Urban show. If only she had some gaffer tape handy! What was it Jackie Gleason on the Honeymooners would say, "BLAAAABBBBER MOUTH"!

Seriously, you're very kind and I'm honored to be a part of the dynamic duo!

Peace!
Amy

Anonymous said...

i love amy!!! i would love to taste her pussy and make her cum!