Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Coffee Talk

I almost completely forgot this happened to me today. Brain still exhausted, despite an unexpected midday nap.

So I'm over at our Music Row location today, and I walk up front to the reception area to check on something I've booked, and there's this mass entourage of people everywhere. Media people, record label people, and people I've never seen before.

It was crazy confusing - first off because of the sheer number of people, and secondly because the people I knew didn't go together. The publicist for Carrie / Tim / Rascal Flatts... my buddy Katie who works at a record label none of them are on... my head about exploded.

So I go up there and take care of my business, and I walk back, and at the coffee pot is this guy who looks crazily familiar. And literally... this is the thought process that goes through my head:

Is that Collin Rae? No, that's what Collin will look like in 20 years. Where have I seen this guy before? He was in the Trisha Yearwood video. With the cool house. No, no no... that was Don Henley. Who is this guy? Probably just some label exec that I've seen at schmooze fests. But why was Jessie here? It's CMA week... not Tim... maybe Flatts?

Do take into consideration I was running on about 4 1/2 hours of very bad sleep, because I had a fear that A) my roommate would get lost on her way home from Walmart and B) the hotel would blow off my wakeup call. A did not happen, but B did.

So anyway, I grab my coat and purse, and head to the elevator. And riding down the elevator with me is Carrie Underwood and a small entourage. Ok, so that explains the publicist I know. But what about Mr. Coffee Pot man? He was not in the elevator entourage. So there was clearly 2 different things going on in the studios.

So at the ground level, I see another media person I know.

Me: "Hey, what brings you to the neighborhood?"
Her: "I'm headed up to interview The Eagles!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know your life is NUTS, but I would kill to be a wee fly on your shoulder!!!

Dan Fogelberg, Michael Martin Murphy, Pete Seeger, John Denver (I miss you Dutch), Lynard Skynard and the Eagles all led me to GARTH!!!!


Details, woman, after you sleep.

Anonymous said...

With your schedule and all the hoopla...no wonder you are tired!..but VERY cool story, and love the way you told it. Thank you for sharing :)

sleep well

Anonymous said...

Can you quit your job so I can have it?

Unknown said...

That just rocks! :)

Um... and (A) DID happen, by the by. ;)

Sleep well, my friend... the week is still young...

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in my home office, listening to LALO over and over again, and silenting swearing at you J, as I KNOW tomorrow this song will be running though my mind and internally disrupting ALL of the scheduled meetings I have tomorrow.


I want FULL details of the concert, as I had clients I couldn't ditch.

Anonymous said...

Oh...ummm... A) did happen. LOL Sorry to hear about B) though. :(

Main said...

COOOOOL!!! I LOVE Don Henley!! AND the Eagles! The Eagles coming back together again after they split up was my dream come true. I couldn't believe it and I have seen them in concert twice since then. AWESOME!! Glad they finally got their new CD out too... it is in the mail, underway to my house :)

Producer J. said...

Ah-ha! So that explains why you rolled in at 2:30 in the morning. I never even saw your CD to know which copy you got!

But at least you got back!

Monica said...

WOW.. so it was Don Henley! I LOVE the Eagles!!!

Love your stories.. Love you more!

Anonymous said...

I didn't want to have a conversation with you in case you were half asleep, and I'd wake you up. :(

I bought the Limited Ed., we made them search for it. They had very few copies though!