Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Breaking Garth News

GARTH BROOKS ANNOUNCES A CONCERT TO RAISE MONEY TO KEEP CALIFORNIA SAFE FROM FIRES

An Electrifying Performance From The Most Explosive Force In American Music History!

Garth Brooks announced today a concert to raise money for the victims of the recent California fires and for the future of fire fighting in the State of CA. The concert will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at Los Angeles’ Staples Center. All ticketing information and show time will be released MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26th, 12 NOON PT.

According to Brooks’ spokesperson, California elected officials have come to Garth to ask his help in raising money for those affected by the recent fires.

“I’m flattered they’ve asked and I’m honored to accept. This is going to take a team effort like nothing I have ever been a part of before,” said Garth Brooks.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief...not gonna do it! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Road trip!

Paula

Anonymous said...

Still too far away and too expensive for me.

Mary Ann

Jennifer said...

That is very awesome of him.. I guess he really does have the performing bug... which is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Good grief!! Here we go again!!!

lish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lish said...

For the love of...
And I'll be off work then... ugh ugh ugh!
I gotta say - he just rocks.

Come on me - you know you wanna!

- lish

Main said...

I hope this performance bug isn't going to leave him any time soon! :D

Anonymous said...

I will pretend I never read this ;) There are no way I would be able to go there, so I will just ignore it.. But I wanna go, again! LOL

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzz

A Blogger said...

Wow, lucky for the people in LA, and I hope they raise a lot of money.

Sharon said...

Why are they doing it IN CA? Maybe I'm thinking outside the box here but if the fires are IN California - then those people need to save their $$ and use it to rebuild (even though a ticket to Garth is definitely worth every penny). I think it should be somewhere else so OUTSIDE money goes to those people.

Maybe a benefit concert for those affect IN California with discounted or free tickets if you've been affected.

Is it just my Monday negativeness coming out? hmmmmmm (Or maybe I'm just thinking too much!)

Producer J. said...

There's a petition now to get him to play in Florida for Hurricane Relief.

If he's not careful, he's going to have a full blown tour on his hands. ;-)

John C said...

I got me 2 tix to one of the 5 shows... this will be fun!