Friday, November 16, 2007

I TOLD you I'd know my couch

To the idiot who swiped the picture off my blog and used it to misrepresent yourself as being cool.

You're not.

First of all, you could have asked.

Second of all, it's stupid to post a photo of merchandise you don't have, especially when you supposedly do have a couple of sweatshirts to sell. Post a decent picture of them for God's sake, that blurry thing you have up there is ridiculous.

And finally, think about your audience. The people who are gonna bid on a Garth shirt are the same people that came here day after day during this run for Garth scoop. The ones who were here after my trip to KC when I shared the picture and said don't swipe it.

You should have known one of my readers would bust you. And they did. And I bet none of them are gonna bid on your blurry sweatshirt now.

Really, I'd think if you were gonna swipe a cool photo, you'd steal the one of my Garth hug. But if you have a good explanation for your cute little story about waiting in line 45 minutes to get my merchandise (which, for the record, I didn't wait in line at all for, it was a gift) I'm listening. 'Cuz I'd think if you really had all that stuff, you'd take your own picture. On your own couch. ;-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a reason why everyone should undergo some kind of extensive tests before being allowed to join Ebay.

Anonymous said...

Sigh...there's one everywhere, J, just don't let 'em get you down....but DO embarass the hell out of them!!!

Producer J. said...

:-D I'm amused. And actually this guy says he didn't swipe it from me... he swiped it from another ebay auction.

Really... I just don't see the point of it even being there.

But it's still funny.

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical! Wow. Lish sent me a link for another sweatshirt that was going for around $150 yesterday.

BTW, I should've gotten a L--the XL is a dress on me!

Producer J. said...

You know... I had thoughts at one point of picking up a couple extra shirts for those that couldn't go to the show. (Should have, I could have paid that speeding ticket off!)

But I kinda felt like those "I Was There" shirts should go to the people who really were.

I wish I'd gotten Delaynie a "Cat in the Hat" one though!

DaveBrz said...

With the prices they are getting for a shirt, I should have tried harder to get a ticket then brought a bunch of stuff to sell to pay for the trip there and my next trip in December. Just wondering if all of them are legit or could some be counterfeit.

Jennifer said...

I would wait for these people that are bidding on stuff I wouldn't be surprised if he put the left over shirts on his website soon. But I guess. Crazy the prices this stuff is going for. I hope he puts it on his website I need a Med Sweatshirt or it will only be good to be for five more weeks..LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG... someone swiped a pic... we should all mourn for a week.

Anonymous said...

yeah no doubt!

big deal get over it!

its a picture, and plus the guy said "pictutre of things I bought" he didnt say "hey, look I took the picture I took"

stop jumping the gun

Anonymous said...

Why is it always 'anonymous' people who say such things?

Producer J. said...

LOL.

Those that can't laugh with us have something to feel guilty about I'm guessing.

Dave... don't get me started on counterfeit Garth merchandise... some of us have been there... lived through that.

Anonymous said...

Just so you don't feel singled out, the other picture posted on ebay wasn't the seller's either - http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showpost.php?p=382592&postcount=5

Paula

Main said...

Go get 'em J.!

As to the anonymous people... have you ever heard of the word "decency"? Geeezzzzz....

Producer J. said...

Uhhh... dude. Surely you have better things to do than keep coming back to my blog throughout the day and making hateful posts.

The items that I posted a picture of was a gift bag I got from Garth. My picture, showing up on ebay makes it look like I sold the stuff he gave me.

I didn't pick a fight, I didn't email your customers, and I don't think I even used a single four letter word in my email to you. Really, I have the right to make a comment about MY picture a lot more than you had a right to swipe it (and the other one which apparently wasn't yours either. )

And I had a very blessed Thanksgiving with my family. Thank you for asking.

I'm sorry you felt the need to spend so much of your day coming making hateful posts in cyberspace. Hope your tomorrow is better.

And I hope you enjoyed whichever Garth concert you went to. :-D