Thursday, January 24, 2008

Memories....











Introducing Billy Gilman to Brenda Lee at the time he was breaking her records as the "youngest ever to....." Running out of microphones when we had The Oak Ridge Boys and The Bellamy Brothers in studio. Together. The repeat visitors each year at Fan Fair. The HOF's Executive Director drinking a beer with Willie Nelson in our studio. Kitty Wells signing my ID badge. Sending postcards to friends & family because they showed our booth. Having Loretta Lynn repeat liners after me, because I'd typed them too small for her to see. Willie two stepping with one of our DJ's, wearing my husband's cowboy hat. Trick Pony running through the gift shop trying to find Janie Fricke. Getting the phone call that Buck Owens was going to come by after all. Big & Rich being too hung over to perform. Tanya Tucker and her TV cameras. Ray Price. Kenny Rogers. Jessi Colter. Randy Owen.

Walking into THIS beautiful building, and being 'jest so proud to be here.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so sad it's ending, I loved telling everyone where your studios where! And the list of artists...wow. I remember when Jessi Colter was there. Goosebumps!

Jona said...

Wow, great pictures! Wish my memory album where like that ;)

Anonymous said...

I loved knowing that I could go up to the window and see yall.... :*(

Must be hard to pack up!