Monday, January 21, 2008

TV Talk

Catching up on some previous notes.... let's talk TV.

I totally missed all of the Garth programming in November and December on the "Home of Garth." I saw a couple of minutes of Offstage with Lorianne Crook, but totally missed every single other thing. I'm particularly interested in the "Road to Kansas City." If anyone has these on old-fashioned video tape or DVD, I would love to view them. On my honor, I promise not to do anything with them that falls outside of the Fair Use doctrine, as they are for my own personal enjoyment.

I have TiVo'd The Apprentice from last week, but haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet. I also owe an email to my favorite Trace Adkins fan... I just can't seem to get your email address and 5 minutes of peace in the same place.

Now. How many of you have seen Billy Ray Cyrus's CMT "reality" show "Home at Last?" Heavens. I suffered through two TiVo'd episodes, and could not BELIEVE what I was watching. First off, that was about as real as Dolly Parton's chest. Secondly, someone needs to remind BR that he has four other children. I can hear them now "Miley, Miley, Miley!" Talk about capitolizing on the moment. And finally... where was his wife? In the 2 shows I saw, it showed about 4 seconds of her in a group shot. Blech. I was very disappointed.

And although it's radio, not television, talking about Miley reminds me of the Disney Channel, which reminds me of Radio Disney, which reminds me that tonight when my daughter got a hold of the XM, she turned it to RD, and I heard Taylor Swift, "Teardrops On My Guitar" followed by Corbin Blue, followed by Carrie Underwood.

And finally... because everything in my life seems to revolve around Hannah Montana these days... I have to show you the coolest birthday party invitations ever.

The day includes Red Carpet Arrivals at our house, and a time for the family chauffer to pick their child up at the theater.

Pammy... the scrapbooker in you will love this website I found to do these on!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those invitations are awesome. They definitely beat the Party City handwritten invites I had as a kid. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

I hear you J...although for me I would love to see that Lorianne Crook interview as well as the Road to Kansas City. So glad Garth's airing this Friday's special on CBS!

Oh my God...I love that invitation!

Anonymous said...

Agreed on Billy Ray and his show - saw about 7 seconds and that was enough. I'm going to keep my mouth shut on the whole thing.

Except I'm so over Hannah Montana, I can't even tell you... and I don't even have children. :) But I gotta say - those invitations are pretty darn cool. It'll sure beat the Super Bowl. :)

The Lorianne interview was one of the best he's done ever... Did I see the Road to KC? What was that? We'll get you the hook up, somehow, J. Now someone better snatch this Friday for me. I promise I'll wave ;).

Jona said...

Wow, those invitation is so cool. Where did you find those?!!
And The Road To Kansas City? What did I miss?? I agree, the Lorianne Crook interview is awesome :)

Anonymous said...

That invite is very cool !!! What website did you make those with?

Didn't watch even a second of Billy Ray's show on CMT. I rarely watch CMT anymore. Do they still play videos?

I'l miss the GB concert on Friday, Jim has some function we have to attend. Oh well. Six more months and he won't be the Mission Support Group Commander anymore. Thank goodness.

Four more months and we should be all moved into our new house. :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

AWESOME invitations!!! :D

Yuck to BRC... and maybe that special was called something else? Hmmm...

Unknown said...

Very cool invitations! And I agree about the BRC show - I couldn't watch it because it was basically all him and Miley. And the Garth interview with Lorianne was one of the best ever. Love both of them.

Producer J. said...

Check this out:

http://www.says-it.com/

You can make all kinds of things there.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a cool website !!! I'll have to remember it for the future. My oldest is turning 17 on the 1st of Feb. Sheesh when did she grow up. She has a job at the Commissary on base and is filing her 1st Income tax this year. We are also applying to colleges and filling out scholarship forms. My baby is growing up :(

Anonymous said...

The Road to KC is actually posted in snippets on GAC's website, along with the 2 new videos.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about Billy Ray ignoring his other kids.