Thursday, January 31, 2008

The problem with working from home...

... is that I eat all day.

Under our temporary studio conditions, I work from home 2 days a week. So I thought I'd share a little of my wacky, discombobulated day.

I woke up to hear them giving school closings on the radio. Said a little prayer, which didn't get answered, so I had to get up and take Delaynie to school. On the way home, I did some grocery shopping for a meal we're cooking tomorrow night for Room In The Inn.

Came home, unloaded groceries and set up my laptop on the breakfast bar. Over the course of the morning I've read and responded to emails, made phone calls, made a double batch of corn chowder, watched CMT, proofed a webpage, grumbled a lot about CMT, uploaded photos, made a double batch of brownies, and had our chimney cleaned out, enabling me to make our very first fire in the fireplace.



I had chowder and a baked potato for lunch, and I am stuffed. The brownies and a yet-to-be-made spice cake are for tomorrow night, so I won't be eating those, but it is hard to resist licking the bowl...

Would you like to see photos of the XM Nashville Studios as they are now?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky enough to work from home on Fridays... and all I do is eat too!!! A little work, then eat, then do some laundry, then eat some more, then a little more work.. that's my Friday routine!

Producer J. said...

The only reason I haven't done laundry is because the cat pissed me off and so I locked her up in the laundry room.

I think it's more punishment for me... I have to listen to her whine, and I can't get laundry done.

Jona said...

Sounds nice to me. Food and a fireplace. Nice fireplace by the way.
Would love to see some pics from the XM Nashville Studios :)

Anonymous said...

YES to photos!!

Anonymous said...

Yes to the photos...and let your poor kitty out! ;)

Anonymous said...

When I saw the title of this blog I thought the problem would be too many distractions...I guess you could classify food as a distraction...LOL!

Yes, nice fireplace J.:)

Would love to see those photos.

DaveBrz said...

Um.. yes to the photos. Now if I were to work at home, I may actually eat less since any birthday is an occasion to bring food in.