Sunday, January 20, 2008

Misc. Late Night Ramblings

At my husband's work they have these really cool Nashville posters - supersized, like 3 feet by 5 feet or something - that I really like. I went online tonight and see that they have more manageable sizes for purchase. I have the stairway in my house decorated with posters from places we've been to - Broadway shows, schmooze fests, a Willie Nelson 4th of July picnic, etc. I have a couple of more yet to hang, but I'm thinking the red "Music City" one would be a nice addition to my wall. Visit them at http://www.spiritofnashville.com/ and you too could have the spirit of Nashville in your home or office. I have no idea what the story is behind them or where else they appear besides the Bat Building, but I like 'em.

What I **really** need for my wall is a Hatch Show Print from Charlie's Opry Induction, as seen in the photo below. I bet they sell those at the Opry Gift Shop.

I was a captive prisoner in the bloodmobile today, strapped down and forced to listen to a local country station on FM radio. Ugh. In my church parking lot, none the less. If there's anything worse than bad FM DJ's it's bad FM weekend DJ's.

Attention Statler Brothers fans! The Statler's new book, Random Memories isn't in bookstores until Feb. 19th, but you can get it now at StatlerBrothers.com. Tell 'em Producer J. sent you!

We've had a schedule change on the Producer J. World Tour... a new date popped up. My next stop (unless you include next weekend's girls retreat at an undisclosed state park!) is our nation's capitol, next month.

I think that's it. My countdown clock is under 5 days now. 4 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 12 seconds to be exact. Tomorrow... I do yet more packing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree I think that Music City one would look great up on that wall.
I love that wall btw....the music notes are a great touch. Was that a stencil you used?

Producer J. said...

No it's a metal piece of wall art I found somewhere. I used to have it in my office at the old house... it was Gary's idea to hang it on the stairs, I really like it there too. :-)

Jona said...

Those nashville posters where great. I'm sure it will look nice together with your other posters in the stairs. the music note art is great!

Anonymous said...

I love those prints - I actually bought a set of the postcard size last time I was in Nash and framed them in a 3-hole frame of sorts. I'd take a picture of it but that would be productive or something. So yes - GO FOR IT! Love those prints. I thought I actually bought them in the HOF shop? Or maybe I'm on crack. You know, the day I didn't come see you cuz I suck. :) The wall looks great - I need to get cracking my decor... I mean I've only been in the apartment 7 months, maybe I should hang something. :)

Anonymous said...

Of course the Nation's Capitol counts!!! :P

Unknown said...

Love the wall decor J!