Monday, January 28, 2008

Well...?

Would love to hear your comments about the Garth CBS special. I was gone this weekend, so I didn't get to watch it until yesterday. As usual... I had to backseat produce it. LOL A few thoughts:

- The production value on the Fire vingettes (including the pieces mixed in and out of the show open) was horrible. We had better Chyron graphics in Peoria in 1994. Sure didn't look like network TV.
- The coming out of commercials mid song didn't bother me because I knew it was live. Not everyone did. Hello -- they needed a "Live from LA" cg. Enhance the feeling that we were the fly on the wall at a special event. It was missing a sense of "this is a big deal" I thought.
- The lower 1/3 cg's pushing the website were nice. HUGE difference in production values.
- Loved "Workin' For A Living" live. Huey looked good.
- Seeing Jimmy and Huey together gave me the biggest smile.
- Sound. Ugh.

That's all I can remember. Your turn.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was pretty "disjointed", for lack of knowing the technical terms. Sound was pretty rough, I'm not sure if I just got used to it, or if they fixed it. Also, you could tell Garth was sick and having problems, but I still didn't see him take a single drink!! The man needs fluids. I think even Trisha was off, but not sure if that was because he was throwing her off, or if she was also sick. Ugh.

HOWEVER... it was still Garth, and more than we've seen in a long time...so all is well. :) And Huey rocked!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't home to watch but from what I've heard I'm glad I wasn't, I might have thrown things at the TV. LOL

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to send Garth some throat coat. In high school, we had choir every day and this stuff allowed me to still have a voice while being sick. If I had his address I would lol.

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to send Garth some throat coat. In high school, we had choir every day and this stuff allowed me to still have a voice while being sick. If I had his address I would lol.

Anonymous said...

The sound mix was way off on the live feed, ugh. Also it sounded like they couldn't hear the monitors, and people in the front row noted Garth was motioning to someon under the stage and it got much better. Apparently the sound in the venue was much better. He said in an interview on our local that he was week 2 into a cold, and usually he shakes them faster than that.

I know the folks on the Planet who saw him had no complaints. Someday I'll get to see him live.

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the broadcast yet, but the live version... uh, versions were amazing. The first one was disjointed a bit from our end... but just for the first few numbers. Then it seemed like he didn't give a crap about the commercial breaks, he just wanted to play music... so he did!

The concerts just kept getting better and better as a whole. All very different, but still so amazing. It was absolutely surreal to see 5 in that time frame. I really don't know anything to compare it to. Each had their highlights and totally different energy. Just amazing. I still haven't processed that I was there to witness it all. And now I'm in San Francisco, so I don't know what is going on!!!

J - I'll send you some pics when I get them downloaded. Wish you all could have been there!!!

The man will be back... it's just too much a part of him. And with the wife with him, we're in for one helluva ride!

Anonymous said...

Okay finally saw IAE on the broadcast and uh... it sucked. I'm not sure if it sucked live for real or maybe I was just on too much of a high to notice (or maybe it was really friggin loud in there). But wow, weird. It seemed like the rest of the shows were dead on to me... but again, maybe I was in a cowboy fog.

Still an amazing time though...