Monday, January 01, 2007

Charlotte's Web

Aside from being a great Statler Brother's song and a fabulous book, it's also a movie... again. And the great thing about having a little girl is I can go see the kid movies. So tonight I took Delaynie and her friend to see Charlotte's Web. Research, you know. Reba show prep. Yeah, that's it.

Reba's part was really small... but very distinct. I would have liked to have heard more of her. She was much more memorable than her sister cow Kathy Bates. (Who my husband tells me I met many years ago, but I don't remember it.) I had no idea until I came to the net doing research after seeing it that Oprah was the mama Goose. (Who I've never met despite formerly working for a company she part owned, then living in her former hometown of Nashville, and her now having her own XM Channel...) I knew I knew the voice of Papa Goose but couldn't place it... I now know it was Cederic the Entertainer. (Who I also have not met, despite his being a guest on a segment I used to direct for a show on BET.) However, the voice of all voices belonged to Julia Roberts.

I know there are those who think she's overrated and overpaid, but I adore Julia. Goes back to her starring in my all time favorite movie - Pretty Woman. Mmm... black grand pianos... Runaway Bride, Stepmom, My Best Friend's Wedding... love her. She was fabulous as the voice of Charlotte.

I give it a thumbs up, and the two 9 year olds I went with agreed. Although somehow, the heartless little rugrats managed to not cry. *sniffle*

On the subject of tears... a friend sent me this amazing writing that I just love - so much that I've printed it out to carry with me. It's called "I Believe." Among the gems -

I believe -
that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.
Same goes for true love.
I believe -
that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
I believe -
that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
I believe -
that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.


Ok, I'm not really sure I believe all of that. But I'm gonna try.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm... black grand pianos is right. ugh!

That's all I got...

And uh, Happy New Year. The cornfields miss you. The do, I swear, they told me today... there's not much else to talk about up here. :)

(Statlers were on the Hee Haw marathon from hell last night - thought of you)

Producer J. said...

LMAO!

Good to hear from you - and the cornfields!

Pam said...

I love having kids and getting to see the G rated movies. Kelly is dying to see Charlottes Web and as soon as it comes on base (I'm cheap LOL) We are going to see it.

I like Julia Roberts too, or maybe it ahs more to do with Richard Gere.....Love Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride.

Watching CARS as we speak .....and UGH Rascal Flatts singing Life Is A Highway.... hurts my ears.

Happy New Years Everybody.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.