Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Need A Maid - And a Hairdresser

If y'all could see how high the dirty dishes are stacked at my house...! I know y'all think it's so exciting to do some of the things I get to do, but the truth is, the more exciting my work life is, the less that gets done around my house. Especially on Thursdays, when the hubby works late and the munchkin has three tests to study for. Seriously... I need a maid.

Today, I spent an hour with Miranda Lambert. This is two days in a row for the petite blondes. I may get a complex. She had lots to talk about, including how proud she was to be going back to Nashville Star tonight. I'm headed there now, if you get a chance, tune into her performance.

Miscellaneous tidbit: Miranda was wearing a Merle Haggard t-shirt and a Blake Shelton belt buckle. I asked her before we started taping if she was still going to marry Merle, and she said she was, and then Jack Ingram. But Merle first because he was older.

CMT has their story on Carrie's parties up, click here to go read.

11:19pm Back from Nashville Star

Thursdays are Hell in my world. Our studios are over crowded, hubby works late, and my daughter has 3 tests on Friday. Tonight I threw Nashville Star into the mix. From the time I left my house to deliver my daughter and her school books to my husband's office where she undoubtably did not study, to the time I got back home to kiss her sleeping cheek where she undoubtably did not brush her teeth, it was four hours of my life I didn't have to loose.

Although I did take multi-tasking to a new level... I sat in the audience of Nashville Star and wrote my Grammy show. This looks like a Grammy show, don't you think?

Here's a little television tidbit for ya. Did you watch the show? You know how at the top of they come out to a crowd with a "Live" cg in the corner, and then went to Cowboy Troy who introduces Miranda? Um yeah... that live thing? Not so much. They taped it 15 minutes before show time. Miranda was a one take wonder though. Funny... her hair grew about 6 inches since I saw her this morning.

Ok, so along with my maid, I want a hairdresser too. Every woman on the show tonight had hair extensions in. How much easier would that make my life?

As long as I'm asking for things, if someone could take my daughter's spelling test tomorrow, that would ease my guilt a lot.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack Ingram?! LOL I guess mentioning your current flame is bad luck? :P

Anonymous said...

Ummm... went to read the article, and she kinda sorta does look like Jessica Simpson in those photos. Scary. :o

Oh--and awfully tiny.

Sharon said...

Watched the show - where were you sitting? Love searching for people you know when they pan the audience.

I missed Miranda's performance (wasn't home in time) but will watch it on the website if they put it up. I did see her and Blake hugging and smilin' at each other while Jewel and Troy 'signed off the show'.

Spelling eh? - Maybe she could study with my daughter and we could sit back and relax. Spelling words sure are getting harder these days aren't they?

Frank Strovel III said...

I dig Miranda. I actually blew out a speaker in the studio last week during "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" after cranking it up too loud.

Anonymous said...

Superwoman J! Where can I apply to be your maid? hehehe. Hairdresser will hopeless for me to apply..the least I can do with your hair is pony tail it;)lol. Keep on Carrie'd Away!

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I missed this before, but I thought the hairdresser position was taken? :p

Producer J. said...

Do you do extensions????

Anonymous said...

Do you *need* them? :o

Producer J. said...

Yes, because I'm planning to get my hair cut next month, and then I'll wish my hair was long again, and I'll want extensions.

:-P