Thursday, January 04, 2007

Late Night Ramblings - Thursday Edition

So much to ramble about tonight.

Ty Herndon has cut his episode of ShortCuts. Ty was very thin... with very short hair. It's an interesting show, for a lot of reasons. I think it's going to air next weekend - will let you know when I know for sure.

The Montgomery Gentry interview with Dr. Maya Angelou is going to air January 16th on XM 156.

Have you been following this Keith Urban affair story? I first heard about it from my hairdresser of all people, when Delaynie got her hair cut off. She told me about the story and photos of Keith and Amanda in Life & Style magazine, and how one of her friends knew Amanda, who apparently is a stripper. (She was identified as a "model.") I didn't give a lot of credibility to it at the time, but it's gaining steam as a London newspaper publishes the dirty details - right down to the color of Keith's bathtub. Funny thing is my hairdresser said Amanda went to Memphis to work because she didn't want her family in Nashville knowing she was a stripper. Umm... I think that's going to be the least of your problems once mom & dad read this story.

I need to send some shout outs to some regular readers who are lurking. Especially today's leading visitor - the reader in LaGrange Park, IL who came by today. That's near the Brookfield Zoo, right? And hello to whoever is reading regularly in Jacksboro, TN. I had to mapquest you to see where that was. Checking my blog stats is a good geography lesson for me. MA still leading - even though 'Lisha has left the state.

Speaking of people who came by... my faithful blog reader Dave from CT came by - not the blog, but the studio! I first met Dave at Fan Fair this year when he asked me if I was really running on 3 hours of sleep - referencing a blog post I'd made earlier that day. I'm a little miffed at him though... he's in town to see Kathy Mattea and my fellow Illinois State Alumni Suzy Bogguss - who are BOTH at the Bluebird. Tonight. Together. Why didn't anyone tell me about this show??? Dave brought his mom, who was just adorable, to see our Ty Herndon taping. He got to experience the just-out-of-the-rain soggy Producer J. , lucky guy.

For a couple of hours this afternoon I thought I was getting my shot at the big time... a special guest blog opportunity for the masses... but alas, it was not meant to be. Which gave me a little breathing room in the afternoon, but was highly disappointing nonetheless. I think I'm going to finish the work anyway and post it here.

Adding to my New Year's Resolutions: Find another writing gig.

It may not be the big time but by lunch time Friday this blog will cross 20,000 hits since I put the counter in. That's pretty cool.

And I shall leave you with this photo. For those of you who have been to Nashville, this is currently on the big Billboard at the West End / Broadway split. I'm thinking if they meant Tennessee Volunteers, the billboard would be UT Orange. Yes, I stopped traffic in rush hour in the rain to take this photo. The web address at the bottom is cmtonecountry.com if someone wants to check it out and report back.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're wearing my scarf!!! :D

Anonymous said...

J,
The sordid story about Keith and Amanda has been all over the news here the last couple of weeks. However, it was announced earlier this week that the pics were in fact taken when Keith still had his old tattoo on his wrist. So, the story has hit a bump in the road with critics commenting that she was merely chasing her 15 mins in the spotlight and basically a gold digger.
Her parent's must be so proud!!

Pam said...

I must be living under a rock LOL I hadn't heard anything about the KU/Stripper?Model story.

Then again I rarely read a tabloid or watch those so called entertainment shows.

I listened to Ty's new Cd on CMT.com yesterday and I liked it. I was amazed I could actually, CMT is one MAC unfriendly site.

Anonymous said...

You need to subscribe to the Bluebird's email list. Vince and Amy were there a couple of nights ago. In fact, Brad Schmidt has an online interview with them prior to the show. I miss Brad's column in the Tennessean, but found him online where he occasionally posts. :-)

What blog were you going to guest blog for? Is it worth checking out?

Paula

Producer J. said...

Excuse me... it's MY scarf. You wouldn't give me yours.

Lynette... I've seen the question about the tattoo. The picture of them in the story I linked to doesn't show his wrists though. Maybe it's all going to come down to the bathtub. He hasn't been in that house that long. Who wants to volunteer to go check out what color the tub is? :-D

I do subscribe to the Bluebird email list... I just don't tend to read them. LOL

Unknown said...

I'm about to head back to MA for two weeks so you're stats will be all screwy. :)

That sign is the best thing ever! I'd buy that on a t-shirt... brilliant. I checked out the cmt one country thing a few weeks back. I don't know the details but it's bascially just a drive to get people to volunteer... cool stuff.

I don't know anything about the Keith Urban story, but I honestly am not getting sick of hearing "Stupid Boy". Am I the only one? What I am COMPLETELY sick of is that "Two Pink Lines" song... seriously, what? I'll have my XM back tomorrow... thank the good Lord.

Frank Strovel III said...

I am your lurker from Jacksboro. I'm in Campbell County just north of Knoxville.

I dig your blog even though I am a SIRIUS subscriber. My cousin does weeknights on XM's 80s channel, though.

Producer J. said...

Nice to meet you Frank! Thanks for hanging out with us.

I need to tell my 80's studio story from my last trip to D.C. in your honor. :-D

Anonymous said...

Lish... I too LOVE Keith's 'Stupid Boy'. From the first time I heard the cd, it was my favourite.
Of course, how prophetic are the lyrics?? LOL

DaveBrz said...

How can I bribe you to take that picture of me off the blog. Maybe tickets to Kathy's show at the Ryman in April....

Producer J. said...

:-( Ok.

I'm not a fan of having my picture posted around the net either, so I'll take it down - no bribe necessary.