Monday, January 15, 2007

The week ahead

Things are gearing back up in Music City.. .parties being scheduled, lunch dates being made, and artists crawling out of holiday hibernation. This week we've got Tracy Lawrence coming in for an episode of ShortCuts, Carrie Underwood has a #1 party, Miranda Lambert is doing a media Round Table, and Nashville Star goes live. Plus we've got Kenny & Amanda Smith taping Studio Special for Bluegrass Junction.

Today was a company holiday, so I didn't have to go into the studio. It was an "easy money" day... scheduling a couple logs and writing an episode of ShortCuts - both of which I can (and did) do in my PJ's.

Someone asked the other day whatever happened to Brad Cotter. Before I could type "he couldn't stay sober long enough to play a show or keep a record deal" it was announced he's putting out a CD on yet another new indie record label. Hope they have stock in aspirin and dark sunglasses.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't he get "blacklisted" because he spoke out against the way things are done in the industry? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Producer J. said...

Well... I don't know about officially blacklisted. But he did let loose a drunken F-word laced diatribe at a benefit show here in Nashville once - with many of the people he was cussing in the audience.

Anonymous said...

He wasn't my choice on that season of Nashville Star, but it's too bad he seems to be sabotaging his chance at a music career.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Well, let's hope he's changed his attitude a bit. But on the same token, did Sony(it was Sony wasn't it) really promote him at all?
Don't get me wrong, I really like George Canyon but Brad was my choice to win that season of Nashville Star.
I loved his first C.D. and am looking forward to this one.

Frank Strovel III said...

Thanks for the info. I was the one who asked. I really like "I Meant To" and gave it more airplay than most other stations. I had no idea about his drinking.

Anonymous said...

I thought he was the one that said something about the industry playing cookie cutter artists, etc, and not giving others a chance? Or something like that? Which idol was that?