Friday, January 19, 2007

Ummmmm.... yeah

So, maybe Carrie isn't quite over the "ummmmm" phase. Maybe I just couldn't hear them over my stomach growling. I still say she's come a long way, and is a delightful interview. Check her out for yourself - in video! - www.bradon2.com - she's several items down the page. All y'all CarrieFans can thank Paula for the link. :-) And yes, I just said All Y'all. I like to pretend I'm southern.... y'all is absolutely my favorite word.

I about stumbled over a couple of Chilli Peppers today in the Hall of Fame lobby. Chilli Peppers of the Red Hot variety. The guys have been seen all over town the last couple of days - they played the GEC the other night, and one of them was put in the Musician's Hall of Fame. They've done a bunch of touristy things too - in fact, the drummer was seen buying some photos of himself from the CMHOF's photo kiosk.

Just in case you were momentarily impressed with my rock & roll knowledge there, I must confess I wouldn't recognize a Chilli Pepper from a Spice Girl. I was talking to one of the Visitor Service Staff who pointed him out to me.

I think I lost every battle I fought today. I'm beat up! Gonna go schedule a couple of logs and hit the sack early tonight. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Frank Strovel III said...

I saw the Peppers at Woodstock '94 when they came onstage with those huge lightbulbs on their heads. Glad they're over that phase.

Re: "y'all".... I think Josh Gracin's new album is called "All About Y'all".

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all I'm from the Bronx and LOVE "y'all"!!

Anonymous said...

Tube socks! LOL I love the RHCP. :D And, Chad Smith (the drummer), played on the Chicks new album. ;)

Anonymous said...

Caught Carrie "and... ummm'ing" on the way home tonight. ;-)