Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Not really music to run to...

I wish y'all could see me now. (Actually I'm glad you can't, because I have no makeup on and my hair is up in a ponytail.) I am writing an episode of ShortCuts on one computer, scheduling music logs on another, and answering email, simultaneously. Since my head is about to explode, I thought I'd take a break and come say hello.

In preparation of our ShortCuts interview tomorrow, I took Ty Herndon to the gym with me tonight. 11 songs on this CD, only 2 of them what I'd consider to be really uptempo. Ballads do not make for a good pace time on the treadmill.

The lyrics that grabbed me most were from a song called "Someday Soon," which was co-written by Keith Urban.

Love is gonna build a bridge from me to you
Faith is gonna find a way to pull me through
And we will be together once again
Someday Soon


I love the positive spirit in this one.... it never says why the two are apart, just that they're going to be back together. Becase as WE all know... "Love Will Always Win." :-D

I liked "Mighty Mighty Love" a lot, but "You Still Own Me" gets bonus points for taking place at the ocean.

Baby I'm not in your arms
But you're still in my heart


There's a lot of love and longing on this cd.

A cute item in the liner notes... he thanks "Dean & LeAnn Sheremet for your love and support." Mrs. Sheremet is aka Miss Rimes.

The bio they sent over is pretty detailed on Ty's addiction troubles, and his stints in rehab. And in a list of thank you's in the CD booklet we see "Tanya Tucker and family."

I'm just saying....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!!

I'm looking forward to hearing this C.D. I've always enjoyed Ty's music, not to mention, he's pretty easy on the eyes also.:)
Any idea when the C.D. will be released J?

DaveBrz said...

January 9th. You can listen to clips on his website.

Pam said...

Woohoo...... a new CD from one of my fvorite guys.

Anonymous said...

Tanya Tucker??? I'm beyond confused...

Pam said...

Hopefully he's just hanging out with her and not hooking up with her......EWWWWWWWWWWWW

Producer J. said...

I don't think she's his type. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think the last time I saw Ty Herndon was when he opened for Tanya Tucker at the Harborfest Pavilion (or whatever they're calling it now) in Boston several years ago. I think it was around the time his troubles were being made public.

Paula

Producer J. said...

True Confession time... were you there to see Ty or Tanya?

Pam said...

Not his type cause she's been around the block more than ummmm once? Or not his type casue she's female?


(Please let it be the first reason LOL)

Anonymous said...

True Confession? I went to see Tanya Tucker since I'd nevr been to one of her concerts. I can't say I was very impressed with her showmanship that night.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the release date Dave.

Producer J. said...

Pammy... take your pick. ;-)