Thursday, January 25, 2007

Idol Questions

I confess to being one of the only people in America who doesn't watch American Idol. But I'm writing a Kellie Pickler show and am stuck on a couple of things. Like... the bio doesn't tell ya how far she got in the show. Was she singing country? Were the judges hard on her for being country? Or was she pop on the show and went country later because Carrie was selling a gazillion records?

I know about her hosting The View and the basics on the situation with her parents. But if any of you saw her on the show and can fill me in on her Idol background, I'd be most appreciative!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I can remember, Kelly was country all the way and never tried to be anything but...although she did good singing other genres. She was voted off on April 26th, and I think she was 19th to be voted off.

Here is a link from cbs:
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season5/kellie_pickler/

Anonymous said...

J,

You may also find this link to be useful for your research:

Kellie Pickler

Rich

Producer J. said...

Thanks to you both!

Wikipedia! I should have thought of that. I just love that site... I don't know why I never think to use it for entertainment research. I look up all kinds of things there for helping with my 4th grade homework. :-)

Anonymous said...

haha j you have to be carefull with wikipedia sometimes i know at one point they had carrie's sales listed at 25 million!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know Wikipedia is not absolutely, positively 100% accurate. But, it's an excellent resource because it's usually very up-to-date. At least it's a good starting point. 25 million sales, huh? Well, that's an EXTREMELY optimistic perspective. Even for our golden child. BTW, J, I have a 1st grader so maybe they'll be comparing Wikipedia notes sometime!

Rich

Pam said...

J,
You arent the only one that deons't watch AI. I've never watched an episode.