Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Night Ramblings

I watched the last half of the Grease reality show tonight. I guess there are worse ways to kill an hour. It's become a bonding time with Delaynie, who clearly has all the makings of a reality show junkie. We voted for our favorite. How sad is it that that show is the only hour of television I watch all week? We did not get to see the Nashville girl perform.

We're cutting a Driver's Ed with Kellie Pickler tomorrow. I have not met her yet. Again... as someone who doesn't watch Idol, I didn't know much about her. But I asked the girls at the studio we work at on Music Row, and they gave me the scoop. Her story is an interesting one, I'm looking forward to seeing how this show turns out.

Thanks to several of you who emailed me after my (joking) post about needing a cleaning lady... I actually have one. How crazy is that? It's going to be a huge blessing, I can tell already. They restructured some things at work at the beginning of the year and I've had to put in a lot of weekend / holiday hours, and am back to spending a lot more time at night on the computer at home. This is going to be money well spent! AND, oddly enough, it's motivated me to work harder around the house when I am here, because I'm coming up with other things I can have her help me with, like organizing cupboards. :-D I was lucky enough to have a friend who was willing and available to take on my dust bunnies, so I don't have to worry about her stealing my jewels or anything.

Like I have jewels worth stealing! LOL

The other exciting thing in my world is that we all completed our first 5k this weekend. The Zoo Run Run. :-D I jogged it, Delaynie galloped it, and Gary hobbled across the finish line with an incredibly messed up knee. It was cool to be running past the tigers and elephants, and getting to see behind the scenes areas of the zoo that aren't normally accessible.

Please note the one of a kind tiger striped scarf and matching headband on my Future Zookeeper Drama Queen.

It's gonna be a crazy week, we have FIVE bluegrass tapings, a Driver's Ed taping (which is written) and a ShortCuts taping (which is not.)

Your turn to fill me in on how you spent your weekend!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

J,

That must've been cool to run at the zoo. Let us know how the Kellie event transpires. Well, let's see. Mini-me and I worked on his homework. We went to a pancake breakfast at church. We worked on our websites. My son has a fan site for the Nickelodeon show Avatar. At 6, maybe he's the littlest webmaster? Anyway, just spending some great time with my son. It was a great weekend! Have a great week everyone!!

Rich

Anonymous said...

Very impressive to complete the run, I'm glad it was you and not me. ;)

My weekend....Well, we here in Oz had a 3 day holiday weekend which was VERY nice. However, my daughter played in a basketball tournament which involved 5 games and associated 'pain in the @$$' travelling to and fro. I'm the team scorer, so I had to be there and as we lost every game, it was painful to watch!!
The new school year starts this week and so my hectic life is back in full swing. And just to make life even more fun, my daughter now has a part time job 3 nights a week... Monday is my only night off from driving her to games/training/work. happy happy joy joy.

Have a nice day :)

Pam said...

Hmmmmm how I spent my weekend... Saturday I went shopping with the oldest (actually let her do all the driving EEK!!) Bought myself some summery tops I can wear to FAN FAIR this year. Sunday didn't quite know what to do with myself since there was no football and NASCAR doesn't start for another 20 days (not that I'm counting LOL)

GO BEARS !!!!!!!

And congrats on the finishing the Zoo run.

Anonymous said...

Saturday, we drove across the river to eat boiled crawfish, potatoes, corn, and sausage. Then Sunday we drove across the lake to a Carnival parade in Slidell. Spent time with the grandkids so that is always fun.

Congratulations on finishing the Zoo Run.

Anonymous said...

Congarthulations!! How great to do it as a family!!

We cleaned out lots of stuff for our living space switch!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you kinda sorta forgot to mention the Zoo Run when we chatted this morning. :) CONGRATS to the 3 of you, and OUCH about G's knee!

BTW, hope you get to see a certain one of your blog readers today!!! ;-) Then again, she could very well be too hung over to show up. :P

DaveBrz said...

Congrats on the 5K run.

Saturday I went to work then a hockey game.

Sunday went to a sports card show and Best Buy to buy a memory card for my phone.

Anonymous said...

My weekend was pretty boring. I worked Friday and Saturday night. Sunday I was horseback riding, that was nice. Rest of the days I just spend at home with my kids, and watching tv.

Producer J. said...

Funny how much of our weekends our kids (and grandkids!) take up, isn't it? :-)

None of my blog readers have mentioned to me their being in Nashville this week, nor did I see anyone at the HOF.

Anonymous said...

I do believe that she missed you.

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I suck and have been rarely on the web this week and weekend, so I failed to tell you that I was coming to Nashvegas. Went to the HOF today but I missed ya, I do believe. I may try to swing by tomorrow on my way outta town if you're around. Busy woman! Lovin' Nashville, of course... makes me want to move back, of course.

Congrats on the 5K! Most brilliant... I don't do well running in the brrrrr... and damn today it is BRRRRRRR here!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing the 5K! Very cool.

I had a family weekend. My sister and her husband celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at a surprise party Saturday night. My brother and his wife from Colorado and my other brother from Florida were here for the event. It's not often that my sisters and brothers are all together, so that was nice.

Paula

Anonymous said...

This weekend I worked, and worked, and worked. We changed Brokers last Monday, and I'm shocked at how much marketing material I have to switch out to the new Broker. We're now with Keller Williams Consultants Realty. I've taken 4 listing last week and will put 4 more in this week and wrote two offers today. I'll probably be scarce from here, LOL

Hope G's knee heals soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Zoo run J.

Too many trips to the Home Depot this weekend. We're renovating our spare room. We've painted, put down new laminate flooring and new trim....it looks really nice. This was the room that I threw anything I didn't know what to do with but is gonna be useful someday in, so needless to say, I had alot of reorganizing to do and I'm not finished yet.

Producer J. said...

Hey Susan! When you get done with that room, I've got one JUST LIKE IT in Nashville you can tackle!

:-D

Sharon said...

Congratulations! You said you finished but you didn't tell us how you felt? Feel like you want to keep running - doing more 5K's or shooting for marathon status yet? They say once you get into it - it's almost addicting - you just HAVE to keep running. (never got to that point myself so hoping you can validate that one for me! hehe)

Weekend was hugely busy at our little ski hill (my partime turning into second fulltime job in the winter) and then sunday - catchup on laundry and found the floor in my bedroom under all the ....STUFF!

Producer J. said...

It did make me very excited to do one where I actually ran. (Delaynie and I walked quite a bit of this one... and at one point galloped, LOL.) So I felt fine at the end of it. Delaynie was worn out!

I'm doing the Predators 5K next weekend, which has a couple of big hills, so we'll see how that goes. Gary and Laynie will be at the finish line cheering for me.

I wouldn't say it was addicting, but it was energizing!