Tuesday, January 02, 2007

People You'd Never Put Together

I about fell out of my chair when I read this in a press release:

"As a very special invitation, Montgomery Gentry will join XM Radio’s Oprah & Friends. The duo will speak one-on-one during in an interview with renowned poet, playwright, author, activist, educator, and three-time Grammy Award Winner, Dr. Maya Angelou to discuss their new video for “Some People Change” as well as their views on country music. The special interview will air on XM Channel 156. "

As soon as I get a date / time I'll let you know. Dr. Angelou has this amazing presence when she walks into the room. Grace and elegance, and such a gentle spirit about her. Eddie and Troy have a presence of their own as well.... but...ummm... grace and elegance it is not. ;-)

(Girls, feel free to come back to this page and drool over Troy's picture whenever you like. I'll be here with ya.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear her thoughts on the bear incident. :P

Anonymous said...

Talk about oil and water! Sounds like it will be an interesting interview, but I'll probably pass and just wait for the highlights that I trust you'll share.

I'll pass on the drool party. :p

Paula

Pam said...

I'll pass on both accounts LOL

The kids went back to school today !!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!! The house is all mine.....and its a wreck after two weeks of Christmas Break LOL

Time to clean...... later.

Sharon said...

I might have to listen to that one (not for Troy & Eddie). Dr. Angelou is coming here in May. I work for a college and she is our featured speaker in May. I heard she was an amazing speaker.

Anonymous said...

Dr Angelou is an amazing PERSON.
I'll want to hear that!!
She is such an inspiration!!

Sharon!! You lucky dog!!

Anonymous said...

I'll save my drool for Creme Brule