Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Southern Hallelujah

Today was a joyous day. Kim, my intern, returned from winter break. Seriously... I have been SO overwhelmed without her. For instance, all throughout the fall I was running about a week out on US Country logs. Since Christmas it's all I can do to stay the minimum requirement of 48 hours out. I am praying hard for some sanity in the days ahead.

Tracy Lawrence was in today cutting his episode of ShortCuts. No photo - Tracy had just finished up a taping for GAC, and managed to cut his nose while taking his makeup off, and was sporting a band aid. I've been taking off makeup for 20 years now, and can't ever recall it making me bleed.

Speaking of ShortCuts... did you get a chance to listen to Ty Herndon's episode last week? What did you think? Did you like the music? Was Ty entertaining? It was a bit of a different episode for us, I'd love some reaction if you heard it.

Tomorrow Carrie Underwood is having 2 #1 parties. Which happens frequently, when the writers of one #1 song are split between BMI and ASCAP - both organizations give them parties on the same day, OR they'll do a joint party off campus.

However, Ms. Underwood the overachiever is having 2 #1 parties, for 2 different songs. Same building, an hour and a half apart. I thought the invitation for Before He Cheats was... different. Not really the image of the knife slinging, baseball bat swinging, jilted lover I had in my head. You? Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... wish your online intern could've helped you out! :P

I completely missed the ShortCuts last weekend. :( I think I was still recovering from coming back from vacation, and then having a day off.

That invitation just doesn't even go with the video. If that wasn't the image she wanted to convey, it's a little to late, dontcha think?

Producer J. said...

I can certainly use an online intern for my Grammy special! *wink*

Anonymous said...

Your intern just may be available, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I missed the Ty Herndon shortcuts episode as well so can't offer any feedback either.

Glad to hear that your intern is back on board to help you out. I'm sure it made her feel good that she was missed.

When are the Grammies (or is that Grammys) anyway?

Paula

DaveBrz said...

I haven't heard the Ty Herndon on the radio but is sounded good live.

Pam said...

I missed the Ty Herndon Shortcuts but I LOVE the CD.

Anonymous said...

The Grammy's are Feb. 11. LWAW! :D