Friday, August 17, 2007

All Checked In: Garth Radio Seminar

I'm 20 stories above Nashville, all checked in to what they are calling "Garth Radio Seminar." A little play on the usual "Country Radio Seminar" that they hold each spring here in Music City. I have a great view of the Capitol building, high speed internet, and my very own Big Machine t-shirt. Can't complain, eh?

They've given us the full rundown of the weekend events (they're feeding us well!) and one slight disappointment is that they're saying no cameras at GRS events. Hmm. That doesn't make my blogging as much fun.

They have a full day of events for us tomorrow. One thing that did clear up, once I saw the schedule, was this press conference thing which is happening tomorrow, but is separate from the radio event. He's actually spending an hour and half doing the same sort of thing with us, in a session called "The Man, The Plan, The Music," BEFORE the press conference, then the next event is "Announce it to the World" where he does the public press conference that will be streamed live on GarthBrooks.com. It will be deja vu for those of us who are going to both. Then there's lunch and several more events after that.

All of that is tomorrow, however - first we have to get through tonight! Up first on the agenda is Party #1 - a dinner and showcase by Big Machine to introduce radio to their new act "Kingbilly." This is one of the off site events they are bussing us to, at a club here in Nashville that I've never been to before.

Will check in with you later! Oh, if you comment and you're not one of my regular posters, please post what city/ state (or country) that you're blogging from. I can see in my site stats, but it's cool for everyone else to see too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update... hmmm, "The Man, The Plan, The Music,"... that sounds interesting, would kind of be a stretch to call just a hits package a plan. Sorry, grabbing at straws here... :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds so cool!!!

And since I posted in the wrong spot... I have that shirt!!! :D Gotta love Big Machine!

Skywise said...

Thanks Joyce! I don't have the shirt :D but I will definitely be looking more positively at big machine records! looking forward to reading more tonight!

Scott (well, from Aurora Colorado!)

Producer J. said...

Well darn, I was looking at it thinking I'd never wear it and I was going to give it to you for your birthday...

BTW... why weren't you on AIM when I needed you to be?

DaveBrz said...

I'm sure that there will be photos being taken unless they try and take all cell phones with cameras in them.

Anonymous said...

This sounds so great! I appreciate your updates a lot!!
To bad you can't bring a camera, but I will enjoy your blogging anyway, I'm sure.

I'm not sure if I counts as a regular or not, but I am from Norway if anyone wanna know ;)

Producer J. said...

It says all cell phones must be off. We'll see. I'm not going to take my chances, but I'm sure there will be some professional photographers there so we'll get good photos.

Ryan said...

You are amazing! Thanks for giving the PG people such a good inside track! You and what you do are very much appreciated and respected! Thanks again!!

PS Remember Duet Duet Duet that's all I really care about bring on those G&T duets.... oh and the IAE video! :)

Ryan (Niceville FL)

Anonymous said...

Cool! no plans for this hot Friday night so I can water the yard and check the blog for Garth (maybe Trisha) info....the PD from our local radio station is there and they were playing lots of Garth music today.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I have the charcoal grey one. ;-) I LOVE Big Machine! :D

I was with KEITH BABY, that's why! :D