Friday, August 24, 2007

FINALLY !

OMG the cable guy was at my house almost 5 hours today. FIVE HOURS!

His mission was to install cable for 3 tv's and 2 computers (via my wireless)

FIVE HOURS LATER I have 2 tv's and 1 computer hooked up. And a lot more grey hair.

I took today off work since I worked last Saturday, planning to have the cable guy show up between 8-11 as scheduled, get me all hooked up, and then I would have a peaceful afternoon at home writing, blogging, paying bills, and booking bluegrass guests.

HA!

Instead I spent my day moving furniture, climbing ladders, crawling through attics, and STILL didn't get the intended results. My laptop will connect to the net, but not my PC. And poor Delaynie can't get tv in her room. Which is kind of funny (don't tell her I said that) because she's never had one before, and she's not allowed to watch TV on school nights, so I thought it was crazy to put a tv and cable in her room anyway. But I was outvoted.

So. Alas, I haven't gotten the questions answered, and I'm truly sorry, I'm not intending to drag this out forever, I actually have non-Garth related things I want to talk to y'all about. But I WILL get this done -- will update the post below with answers as I get time throughout the weekend.

Thanks for hanging with me. And if you're undecided -- go with DirecTV. :-)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm.... wow. :o

Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the way...so much for your relaxing afternoon!

My God, don't apologize J...we're grateful to get the answers whenever you get around to it.:)

Anonymous said...

I agree, we wait patiently. And are very grateful you will share this with us. :)

Sorry your daughter didn't get cable tv in her room ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on the cable people.

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I love my DirecTV!!

Glad you're part way connected!!
We'll wait...
Thanks bunches!!

Pam said...

I've got ya beat. WHen we moved into our house here on base the cable guy was here for 10 HOURS !!! We did eventually get 4 tvs, the phone and the 2 puters hooked up. However we've had TIme Warner out at least 1/2 a dozen times to try and improve the phone service. Part of the problem is that our house is 70 years old and the walls are masonry and 6 inches thick.

Anonymous said...

love Direct TV !!

sorry the cable guy took so long.

we are patinet don't worry Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day didn't go as planned. It seems that these things always take longer than the service people think they will.

Thanks for the answers you've provided so far...looking forward to the rest of them and to your Garth story and message. :)

Paula

Anonymous said...

climbing in the attic...eww. Not one of my favorite things. Hope the cable guys will resolve the rest in much quicker time.

Hang in there!

CC

Anonymous said...

Next time the cable guy comes, get his name. Tell him your going to do an article on him for your next blog. $10 says he'll work a lot faster and more efficiently. :)

Don't forget to give him an insincere smile. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the answers J! I would still love to hear what you meant when you said Garth said" Yes. I'm told not to answer that. But Yes!"(or something like that)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question, I got his entertainer DVD sent over last year(Im from NewZealand) and it worked.

So perhaps they are still sorting out the region thing on the dvds.

Anonymous said...

Love thatyou're gradually answering the 7 questions. :) The one about watching Trisha on the Opry was such an "aw" moment.

I won't have access to a computer for a couple of days, so I look forward to reading the rest of the answers when I get back.

Paula

Producer J. said...

Where in NZ? I traveled quite a bit of kiwi country last year -- http://kiwiadventures07.blogspot.com

It's funny, not having had internet at home for the last 3 1/2 months I've learned not to be on the computer as much, so now I feel guilty when I'm sitting in front of the keyboard. I did get my kitchen painted last night though!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link to your NZ-blog, J.! That was great reading and the pics are awesome!!