Friday, August 31, 2007

The City That Never Sleeps

I've discovered the reason for NYC's nickname... people CAN'T sleep here because there's too much noise. Sirens, construction, hotel doors slamming at all hours of the night -- there is no such thing as quiet here.

It's a very hazy day in NYC today so we didn't get to go up in the Empire State Building. Bummer. So instead I wandered around the area we were staying in, including a nice leisurely stroll through Macy's. Love that store. Didn't buy anything, but I sure enjoyed browsing.

When I'm in a strange city, I love to just soak in as much of it as I can. Food, shopping, tourist attractions - whatever I can fit in. Hotel rooms look the same around the country (although most aren't as small as the ones in NYC!) so I try to get out and about as much as I can.

Hope you enjoy traveling with me -- here are a few more pictures before I head to Penn Station (for a train) then Jamaica Station (for an Air Train) and then JFK (for a Jet Blue flight to Nashville!) Please y'all say a small prayer that my house isn't a disaster when I return, because I have company arriving for the weekend a couple of hours after I get in. Maddie will be here!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course we enjoy traveling with you!! You are an excellent guide :)

Why is it that sometimes I can click on the pics you post to get them bigger, and sometimes not...? Would love to have a closer look at you w/Kenny!!

Anonymous said...

Yeay Maddie!!

Lynette said...

That's a bummer about not going up the Empire State Building. When I was there in Nov 05, my g/fs took me up and it was the most beautiful (albeit cold) sunny day. We went late in the afternoon and spent at good 2 hrs on the observation deck and so I got to see NYC in both daylight and with the amazing lights of the night time.
Loooved Macys too and being close to Christmas, it beautifully decorated.

Anonymous said...

Well, ya just have to come back!! :D
And hopefully I can see ya then!!

Anonymous said...

sorry you did not get to go up in the Empire State Building. I would love to go there some day. Glad you had a great time at the concert and at Maceys :o) Thanks J for sharing all the cool details of you trip!

CC