Thursday, August 30, 2007

Good Morning, America!

Had a very cool morning. Started with a brisk morning walk from our hotel, on 31st, to the Good Morning America studio on 44th. Good crowd outside. Went in and went upstairs to where they do the Good Morning America Radio show. We walked right through the "upstairs" studio where Diane Sawyer does her thing, and then past the Green room to the radio world. Very cool setup they have. It was like old home week up there, all the record label people, artists, and CMA folks running around, I felt like I was back in Music City!

They took us downstairs to watch the announcements being read, so I was standing in the TV studio when they read them. Which was wierd, because since the guests are mic'd, but not run through the PA, it was really hard to hear.

Then we went back upstairs and Sugarland dropped by for an interview on GMA Radio. They were hysterical, I hope y'all got to hear it! So much fun! I love seeing them.

Then Jon Anthony did some role reversal and was the GUEST being interviewed by Hilarie Barsky. They devoted much of the hour to country music chat on GMA Radio this morning, so it was such a great exposure and cross promotion for country music. And I think it's good for an interviewer to have the tables turned to be the guest for a change -- get to see how it feels.



So I'm sitting in the control room while Jon is being interviewed and the sliding glass doors are open, and Whoopi Goldberg walks by. Someone says Barbara should be right behind her. Barbara, as in Barbara Walters. They were taping an interview with Diane about Whoopi joining the view. I watched part of it on the in-house TV, and it was pretty funny, at one point they have to stop because someone's phone is ringing. Diane gets up and tracks down a purse in the corner, and it's Barbara's. She's like oh, it's my daughter, I'll call her back later. And Diane jumped right back into the interview.

When we walked out the three of them were standing there in the upstairs studio talking, we walked about 5 feet from them. So that was my brush with fame for the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let Sugarland hear you say that! :P Besides, you get your "brush with fame" every day, woman! ;-)

Cool morning though; it's awesome to get to do stuff you normally don't. :)

DaveBrz said...

You are correct, it was hard to hear in there. i got placed along the window/wall and it was hard to see also with tall people in front of me.

Just went through the tape of the show and I was nowhere to be seen.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall had a great time!!

Harriet and a friend Toni are gonna try to get tickets to tonights show at MSG. I have to see if I can get down there...
Depends when my daughter gets home..
How fast I can get home... And traffic has been a bear lately.
Too many if's ... giving myself a headache!!!
LOL
Anyway enjoy the show!!!

Producer J. said...

Dave, did you by chance have an XM bag with you? When we walked up there was one laying in the window, visible from the street. How cool!

Hey JoAnn & co., if you make it down, come see us on the concourse, we're set up around sections 63, 65 & 67 I think.

J.

DaveBrz said...

Yep. That was my bag.