Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm back... sort of...

Been gone for several days for a family vacation in Missouri. Add that state to the 2007 Producer J. World Tour.

I know... Missouri not exactly the glamorous vacation hot spot, but we have a cabin in the woods we like there, and we got together with our boys, our daughter-in-law, her parents, and brothers -- 10 of us in all. Delaynie went fishing for the first time. (Didn't catch anything.) No cell phones, no email, no idea of what's going on in the outside world. In fact, I still don't have cable or internet at home (I'm at the library) so I really don't know what's going on in the outside world.

I presume my readers are all a flutter about Carrie Underwood setting new chart records and Garth's massive upcoming radio blitz (which I didn't miss after all). I have yet to unpack most of my belongings, so I think I'm going to have to shop to find something to wear to his upcoming shindigs. Shopping sounds MUCH better than unpacking, don't you think?

Apparently, from a quick check of the email, the world is coming to an end.... Vince Gill is going into the Hall of Fame, and I DID get email from Elvis Presley.

9 comments:

Monica said...

Glad your back and sounds like you had a good time!!

Anonymous said...

we need your inside info on the Garth project!

Anonymous said...

So nice to have you back and glad you had a nice getaway with your family. Hope you get hooked up and are connected soon.

Did you need anyone to sharpen your pencils on Saturday? :p Will be waiting for all the scoop as soon as your fingers can move. :)

Paula

Anonymous said...

Welcome back J! Ugh I hate unpacking...but I hate shopping ever so much more!

Glad you had a nice holiday. :)
bll

Anonymous said...

Shop away!!!

BTW, I mailed that package thingie to your office. It finally came. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, J. Glad you have had a great time. And glad that you are not missing the Garth-thing!! :D

Pam said...

Glad you're back and that you had a nice vacation.

I may be the only one that isn't waiting with baited breath for whatever Garth is going to announce. From the "rumors" I've read its just one more dose of warmed over previously released stuff with a couple supposedly "new" songs thrown in. UGH ! I'll pass.

I'm not buying anything with his name on it until its a CD of new songs. Not rerealsed, warmed over songs, no covers of 20 year old songs, no stuff sitting around in the vault that wasn't good enough to make the cut the first time.

Yah, yah I know he's retired, stay at home Dad. I get that. But I've had enough. The girls are in school 6-8 hours a day for 9 months. Plenty of time to make a totally new CD.

Okay rant over.

Pam

Producer J. said...

I agree Pam. He says he doesn't do the music business half way, but all this repackaging seems VERY much a half-hearted attempt at not being forgotten.

The only bright spot is that I think - hope - it's going to be more readily available for his international fans than his WalMart projects were.

Anonymous said...

Elvis lives!