Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Odd that no one ever mentioned that

Joe's Pub isn't a Pub at all. Odd, then, that they would name it that. Because there is always the possibility that some Loopy would show up there at 5:30 in the evening, looking for a burger and a beer. And they wouldn't get it.

We were just a couple blocks from John's Pizzaria tonight and I couldn't get Jon to go there. He had pizza for lunch, he says. However, his version of NYC pizza came from Sbarro's. I hardly think that counts. We wound up at some diner where I got a mediocre grilled cheese.

Phantom was good, however, the chandalier crash was fairly anti-climatic. The touring production I saw YEARS ago had a better crash. The 7th row seats were fabulous though! I was close enough to see the mics hidden in their wigs.

From Country Aircheck's daily news email: Digital single delivery service Play MPE reports that Garth Brooks' "More Than A Memory" is the most-downloaded song in a 24-hour period in the company's history, and is on its way to becoming the most-downloaded track ever. The song also ranked as the No. 2 streamed selection in its first 24 hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, well done Garth. He deserves it, the song is amazing.

Your post has made me hungry. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a great time in NY!! I would like to see the Phantom one day too.

I'm not sure what you wrote about Garth's song means, but is sounded good ;)