Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You think Garth is dizzy?

I just checked out all the spins the new single got yesterday. 1226 spins on BDS monitored stations. That's just in ONE day.

The song played at least once on 119 of 130 country stations in the US, and 13 of 25 country stations in Canada that BDS Monitors. That is a WHOLE lot of spinning!

By comparison... the new Kenny Chesney song that made chart history last week as the highest debuting song in BDS history has had 1573 spins in the past SEVEN days.

Now obviously, spin count is going to drastically drop off over the next 6 days of the chart. But with that kind of start, I can't help but think Kenny's record isn't going to last long.

One more Garth note I wanted to bring up. Those of you who read my on-site blogging during GRS may recall that I was in the running for a grand prize, because I answered a Garth Trivia question correctly. (I was the only one in the room who knew the name of Garth's studio.) And you may also recall, I didn't win the grand prize drawing, LOL. They did, however, have four winners throughout the course of the day, and the prize was that person got to do an on air give away for 2 tickets to Garth's Wal-Mart Thank You Concert -- and they got to attend themselves. So there are four stations across America (and I don't remember where they were) who are going to be giving away these trips on the air. If you hear it, don't think Garth is coming to your city (unless you live in the city the WalMart concert is being held at!) because what he's doing is bringing the winners to them.

And to those who have asked -- it IS Trisha singing background vocals on "More Than A Memory" and the Nashville String Machine providing all the pretty instrumentation.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks joyce, for posting that! it helps to clear up some possibilities/rumors that have happened- the facts are always better! :D we should come here for that!

Skywise said...

great to read J! great news as usual- can you explain more how this whole 'spins' thing might translate into #'s on a chart?

Producer J. said...

Umm... is there a fake "you" running around somewhere?

It's too early to predict where he'll land on next week's chart, but it should be big! We'll have to see what all those stations do as far as airplay over the next few days now that their "every hour" promotion is over.

Anonymous said...

wasn't me.

Anonymous said...

I am giving the new single a lot of spins on my computer... since they don't play him on the radio here. :D Although... there is a country programme on the mainstream radio station every Tuesday night (2 hours). They might actually play the new single tonight. I should listen, but I am usually glued to the TV on Tuesday night.

I recognised Trisha's voice in the background. (do I get a point now? ;) )

Producer J. said...

So "the real me" is a fake "me"??

Oy vey - now I'm as dizzy as Garth!

Anonymous said...

Guess so!

Anonymous said...

any news on when he will announce where and when the walmart concert is?

Producer J. said...

I don't know that that's going to be announced... usually his WalMart shows are things we hear about afterwords. But if I hear this one for some reason will be open to the public, I'll be sure to spread the word!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 1226 spins in one day!! I hope this song goes straight to the top!

Anonymous said...

real me..... fake me.... I gotta be me... (and not she).....

thank you joyce for the information!

how will the stations change their airplay?

Anonymous said...

lol @ "me"

wow...that's a lot of air play! Yay Garth! Very cool that Trisha is singing background. I'll definitely be listening to my station more often in the coming months!

Unknown said...

Incredible showing. I must have heard it 7 or 8 times yesterday... let's go with 7. :)

Between having my g-beep on XM and the Boston station playing it every even hour:40 - bet your butt I was listening in. :) Good thing it was my day off and i was in the truck a lot.

But it just means I can stop listening to the local stations and concentrate on XM again.

INCREDIBLE song. Such passion - and WOW do their voices just blend like butter or what?

Anonymous said...

Our crappy station played a different Garth song each time I requested it so I asked the drive time dj why that was, aand he told me the PD has instructions not to add a new single until it hits top 20. What rubish.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great news!:)

Anonymous said...

I'm sittin here chuckeling About lowland_kid wrote!!

Me too!! If they counted my spins on my puter it would have been about 150 more between yesterday and today

Anonymous said...

Well it must now be in the top 20 cause my local station in now playing it hourly! :)