Monday, March 17, 2008

Hello from Jacksonville !


Hello from Jacksonville! I'm only here for about an hour and a half, the airport is apparently out in the middle of the forest. I have yet to see the city or the ocean, hopefully I will have better luck on my flight out. I will be in Nashville by lunch time. Reminds me of that Josh Turner song he had on his first album, called Jacksonville. Wish I could spend "a few more days in Jacksonville..." listen

Powered by Jott

Didn't plan on hangin' out in Florida
Never was to good at standin still
Suddenly it's lookin' like I'm gonna
Kill a few more days in Jacksonville
<- This is the art I mentioned in the comments of the previous post. It hangs in the Jax airport above the escalator going down to baggage claim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my city right now!! The airport is about 15mins from Downtown - you may get a glimpse of it while departing and will probably see water too.

Hope you are enjoying your time in our lovely airport :) Safe travels home!

texasstarfan said...

wow J. are you a big Josh Turner fan?
I'm going to see Carrie/Josh in Wichita Falls, TX on 4/29, and in
Little Rock, AR on 5/11. I have never seen Josh and he seems such a solid family man and talented artist. I love Carrie and will see her 5/10 go in as a member of the Opry. Its my Mothers Day present to myself. Straight up 10 hrs. from Dallas to Nashville then back down to Little Rock and then 5 hrs home. It will be worth every mile.