Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday Morning Ramblings

UPDATE: I have solved the mystery! Brooks & Dunn "That's What It's All About." I can't wait to listen to them back to back. I may be completely out of my mind and next to each other they might not sound anything alike. (Wouldn't surprise me.) But I know y'all will sleep better now that I've figured that out.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Ok... I think there's a little of Faith Hill's "Secret of Life" in this song too. I guess it's just the style that's familiar.

Happy Hell Week. Technically it all doesn't start until tomorrow, so today I have to schedule 5 logs, edit a ShortCuts, and write a Driver's Ed. Oh, and get my income taxes done.

Question -- this new Joe Nichols song. It sounds to me like another song... that whole talking thing he's doing in the verses. It's on the tip of my tongue... has anyone else noticed it? I'm thinking it's a Brooks & Dunn tune, but I can't for the life of me come up with it. They HAVE to have the same songwriters, or someone would be getting sued by now.



All day long today on XMX channel 2, the Trisha Yearwood and Faith Hill Artist Confidential episodes are airing. Alan Jackson Release Day Rest Stops are airing tomorrow. Check out all the country coverage in the XM Signal!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure. It is 'How Long Gone'?

Anonymous said...

or rather is it.

Anonymous said...

According to wikipedia, Shawn Camp wrote "how long gone" for brooks and dunn. Dunno if there was a co-writer though. And according to a google search, (the source was kind of sketchy though) Tony Martin, Mark Nesler, and Tom Shapiro wrote "It Ain't No Crime". Maybe a copyright lawsuit is coming lol?

Jona said...

I haven't herad the new Joe Nichols song yet. But I will soon.

I hope you get your work done today without to much stress. And I do hope you will have a great Hell week Sounds like Heaven to me ;)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across the Trisha confidential earlier. (love that g beep - missed it!!!). So great hearing it again... such an awesome and classy interview. So much fun.

XM ROCKS!

Hang in there!

Producer J. said...

No... I don't think it's How Long Gone.

Maybe I need to go to B&D.com. Because I'm quite sure I can hear Ronnie Dunn's voice in my cadence.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it sort of does sound like that B&D song. It actually thought it sounded ike something Kenny Chesney would do when I first heard it.

Joe Nichols is a great singer, but doesn't always pick the best material.

Looking forward to the AJ rest stops. I loved the moving song he did on the CMT special, 'Don't Worry About Me' (I think?).

Paula said...

I listened to them both, and I can hear a bit of the similarity. There are different writers on each - Tom Shairo, Tony Martin and Mark Nesler on It Ain't No Crime and Steve McEwan and Craig Wiseman on That's What It's All About.

Will be making a stop on my way home from work tomorrow to pick up the latest AJ.

Hope Hell Week, Part 1, isn't too stressful. On a similar note, just got the latest CMA newsletter with the first wave of artists confirmed for Fan Fair. Faith Hill for the fist time since 1998 and Dwight Yoakam for the fist time since 1988, along with others, including AJ.

Paula

Paula said...

That's Shapiro. I need spell check on Blogger.

Paula

Paula said...

Sheesh...and first, not fist. Where's the edit button? :p

Paula

Producer J. said...

I swear... I read these posts and NEVER see the typos. We know what you meant.

And I'm pretty sure spell check wouldn't catch Shapiro. :-P

Anonymous said...

Listened to the Mrs. 3 times yesterday. Yeay! :)