Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lunch Report

Look at that... I got a computer today after all!

Today's lunch session was good. The food was awesome, for starters. But beyond that, the entertainment was first rate.

Keith Anderson opened. He did 5 songs... "C'mon," "Every Time I Hear Your Name" "I Still Miss You" and "Pickin' Wildflowers." Then he brought Foster & Lloyd out... he apparently covers their hit "Crazy Over You" on his new album, and all of them together just rocked out. It was pretty cool. Although that puts us up to 3 cover songs (even though he was the songwriter on 2 of them, so that may not count) on this album.

I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I've seen Montgomery Gentry at this point... going back to a show at The Wildhorse when their first album came out. Given that they took the stage just after 1pm... this could quite possibly be the first time I've ever seen them sober. I liked it.

I was reminded again what a great voice Troy has... he really, IMHO, needs to take better care of it. They performed a couple of new things, including a hysterical song called "Long Line of Loosers." Probably not going to be a single, but very MG anyway. Another one I think was called "Now We're Talking" or something like that.

Tonight is the Sony Boat show, where I'm expecting to see everyone from Carrie Underwood and Kenny Chesney to Sara Evans to Martina to brand new acts I haven't heard yet. The weather here in Nashville is AWESOME.

This is a fun week to hang out in Nashville, just walking the streets or sitting in a Starbucks you see all kinds of stars. I met Cody Collins, the new lead singer for Lonestar last night. (Have I told you yet that they've signed with an indy label?) They are showcasing at midnight tonight, I'm going to try to stop by. The autograph seekers are crawling around the hotel lobby too... oddly enough I know several of them from coming by the Hall of Fame.

Got some paperwork to do here for some upcoming bookings, and then I'm headed to the hotel, to get gussied up for tonight. Trading in my uncomfortable boots for a pair of ridiculously uncomfortable boots. But they're going to look great with this new skirt I'll be wearing!

I wonder if I have time for a nap...?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're wearing a skirt? :o The world must be coming to an end! :P

Paula said...

Hope you got a power nap in. How about a picture of you in that outfit?

Hope you have fun on the Love Boat.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl!! Did you get a hug??
Beer Run maybe on the upcoming CD but Keith's version is so different from the Garth/George's one, so I wouldn't consider it a cover. And if his CD had been released when it was completed and not a year later, Lost In This Moment could had been his #1 instead of B & R's! BTW his version is some much better! I've heard him perform "Crazy Over You" in concert can't wait to hear it with F & L! Anxiously waiting the May 20th release!
Your local KA nut signing off now!! ;)

Anonymous said...

dxksmovOK, so you met Cody Collins, right? What's he like in person? Also, how was the showcase? Got pictures? I'd love to see 'em!

Anonymous said...

OK, so you met Cody Collins, right? What's he like in person? Also, how was the showcase? Got pictures? I'd love to see 'em!

Anonymous said...

by the way, sorry about the little boo-boo before... as our youth director at church says, "my bad" *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Great skirt and boots!:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun at the luncheon! Check out our road videos when you get a chance! Pass it on...
EddieK/keyboards MG

MontgomeryGentry Road Videos

Paula said...

Love the skirt! How come we don't get to see the rest of you, though? :p

Paula