Friday, March 28, 2008

T.G.I.F.!!!

Staring a list of notes to come back to....

The Driver's Ed from HELL. Some of you saw the blog entry I put up. Once I got that out of my system I felt better. So I took it down. LOL Worst. Press Kit. Ever. Seriously, I could write a book on what was wrong with the material I got from a record label for a Driver's Ed we recorded early this week. And the recording session didn't go much better. Not going to be a fun edit.

An hour and a half with Brooks & Dunn - There were restrictions on what tour dates we were allowed to talk about when, and I didn't take good notes on that, so we're just not going to talk about the tour, k? They're doing one. Go see it, it's going to be cool. They're going to do an acoustic thing on a 12 foot pod out in the middle of the audience and change up the set for that every night. That was inspired from their Australian trip. They have a book in progress... Ronnie was incredibly sunburned... and the next single is going to be "Put A Girl In It." They're performing with Keith Urban on the CMT Awards -- "Raise the Barn."

My favorite B&D moment though, might have been when Ronnie said he'd talked to Reba the day before, and she'd told him that the ACM Entertainer of the Year was going to be voted on by the fans. (That was news to him.) Ronnie said that would be really interesting to see how that would play out once they announced the 5 nominees.

ACM Nominees were announced 3 weeks ago. LOL

The best written bio of the week award goes to... former American Idol contestant Phil Stacey! And I told him so. He had a great bio. And he was a really good interview. We got his album hot off the press, the morning after it was mastered, under all sorts of restrictions, so I can't talk about it. He'll be on Driver's Ed the end of April when his self titled debut CD hits stores.

The Keith Anderson party I never got around to telling you about - has the album release date been published? Keith did an industry showcase at 3rd & Lindsley, which is where the photo I put up was taken. He pretty much did the same show we saw at CRS, without Foster & Lloyd, with one additional song. (I Need a Hug? Something about hugging. I got a couple of hugs that night, if that counts for anything.) It was a small crowd, maybe 100 people. Good food. David Lee Murphy and Craig Wiseman were there... some radio folks, some media folks, Keith's girlfriend and her mom. The album has been pushed back again from the last date I'd heard - it's now a late June release.

Josh Gracin on ShortCuts this weekend - listen for the Garth mentions! There were a couple of them, I can't remember exactly what now. Phil Stacey has a GREAT Garth story... be listening for that show so you can learn what Garth song caused him to join the Navy! That's the power of music.

Celebrity Apprentice - Kudos to Trace for his performance on that show. He really came off looking good, and doing country music proud. The point where his girls came in and he got all teary... definitely a side of Trace I hadn't seen. HOWEVER -- all that said... and yes that tabloid guy was an ass... if the show is about being a business apprentice, and the goal was to find the most business minded person, who could raise the most money for charity, then the right decision was made, IMHO. Yes he was ruthless, but Donald Trump didn't get to be a gazillionaire by being Mr. Nice Guy. And really, Trace won big with all that exposure. And now, thankfully, my wading into the Reality TV waters is over.

RIP US Country - that's going to get it's own blog entry. Along with the scoop on my new, yet old, gig.

5th grader for sale. Cheap.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

I'll TRADE you one 6th grader for your 5th grader......

Producer J. said...

Nice try sister, but no deal. I hear it gets worse as they get older.

Anonymous said...

I've got a 7, 3, 2 and 2 month old in my possession currently that I'm quite fond of. Quite fond of because they don't really belong to me and I can give them back when they annoy me.

2 more days in the cornfields. Sniff, sniff (that's from sadness, not allergies). :)

Have a great weekend J... looking forward to elaboration on your notes. And I watched Apprentice for the first time. Ever.

Anonymous said...

I am SO sad for Trace Adkins!!

Regardless of who raised the most money at the party - he really should have won for his effort (and class) over the entire season.

I liked Trace before this show - but I LOVE him now. I'm sure he just got a much larger fan base.

Paula said...

I didn't even realize that blog entry disappeared. Protecting the guilty again?

I was disappointed that Trace lost as well. I only saw the last three shows, and from what I saw, Piers is a real jerk and very calculating. Unfortunately, it came down to the money.

Uh oh...what trouble is Delaynie in?

TGIF everyone!

Paula

Anonymous said...

I was bummed that Trace lost too, but the money that Piers raised for the Center For the Intrepid here in San Antonio was wonderful. There is so much need for centers like that unfortunetly. So many military members are coming home terribly wounded. It's really pitiful how little is being done for most of them especially those with traumatic brain injuries.

Okay off my soapbox. LOL

I have a 17 , 14 and 12 yr old ......... but I think I"ll keep them. I'm used to them LOL

Anonymous said...

How about a freshman for the 5th grader? Nah... got to take the good with the occasional bad.

Bummed about Trace - great performance by him. Maybe he'll finally get more recognition.

Can't wait to hear about my favs B&D.

Have a relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

That was also my dabbling into the reality realm and I'm also done. :) I totally agree that Trace came off making country all kinds of proud. It didn't matter if he won the damn show or not at that point - because he'd won a whole lot of fans for himself and for the genre. Great stuff. I also agree that the other dude should have won in the context of the show... and yes, he was a Grade A ass.

US Country - Pout Pout Pout - grrrr. I miss my XM but now what am I supposed to listen to!

Back to playing with babies that I can give back. :)

Main said...

I have my own 5th grader... No way I am going to buy another one... Not even when she comes cheap! :p

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joyce. Trump really had no choice in picking Piers since the point of the game was to raise the most money.

Trace did do country proud. In an interview that I read he said he wanted to win but he got his point across and has gotten lots of donations since and has brought awareness to FAN!!

I have a 35 and 36 year old... :)

Anonymous said...

"Nice try sister, but no deal. I hear it gets worse as they get older."

Unfortunately, in the case of my youngest (14) this is true. I love her dearly, but at times want to pull my hair out (like tonight lol.)

Hoping to still have hair by the time she finishes highschool.

on a lighter note...thanks for the tidbits and looking forward to more.

Thanks as always J :)

Sharon said...

First - we could TRADE for a little bit - I'd get a break and you get back your appreciation for your own daughter!! (can you tell I need a rest he he)

Second - Have to put in my two cents about CA. I agree over all Piers raised more money and was ruthless at times. If make money for the charity was the criteria - he's the obvious winner, which he proved throughout the show.

BUT - did you know...The night of the Celebrity Auction was the night of the CMA awards? Trace's country music artist 'base' was busy!!! That put him at a huge disadvantage.

I also think over time Trace's tactics would be more effective in business than Piers. Look at Trump and how he's mellowed over the years.

There were three criteria. Ticket sales (Trace won!) Auction/food vs Band/decor (Trace won) Trump even said 'where was the food - I didn't see any?' Piers said he wanted the people drunk he didn't serve it. Auction Money (Piers definite winner - even though $300,000 of the $342,000 came from only 2 people, one not present and Trace had $65,000) 2 out of 3 for THIS task should have made him the winner for THIS task.

Hmm - but I agree whole heartedly Trace won anyway. He's a huge supporter of FAAN (www.foodallergy.org) and will be forever. I'd like to know if Piers is even in contact with charity he chose in ...oh say....a year? Or did he pick it to tug at American heart strings (It's a very worth charity - just wanting to know how dedicated and for how long he is/will be to it)

Anonymous said...

Raise the Barn!! Can't wait. Will definitely be watching this!!! That is going to ROCK!!!