Friday, March 07, 2008

Up Next on the Producer J. World Tour:

- Ft. Lauderdale
- Miami
- Bahamas
- St. Thomas
- St. Maarten
- Miami
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Jacksonville
- Nashville

Do you know what Nashville has that none of those places has?
.
.
.
.
.


SNOW!

Ugh.... first decent snow we've had in eons (supposed to get 4-6 inches overnight!) and I'm supposed to be on an airplane tomorrow. This is NOT going to be fun.

So anyway, at long last the fan cruise I'm emceeing for Jimmy Fortune (of the Statler Brothers) is finally here. Grandstaff (aka, The Next Generation of Statlers) is a special guest, which is going to make it a blast. And yes, I'm taking recording gear to put it all on the radio.

My mom is going with me - I can't remember if I told you that was what I was giving her for Christmas. Funny thing is... we booked our flights to come in the day before the cruise because we were worried about flight delays for her from the frozen cornfieds. HA!

Who knew that I'd be the one snowbound?

Anyway... y'all be good while I'm gone. CRS pictures are up, including the Best. Picture. Ever. Scroll back down through the posts... the photo of the ridiculously uncomfortable boots are the last new thing. In my absense I'm expecting a programming announcement that is probably going to make some of you very unhappy. Just know... I fought the battle to my boss... who fought it to his boss... and we lost.

I'm not taking a laptop with me. Hmm... audio blogging from the US Virgin Islands?

14 comments:

ksgirl said...

I have one question...what happened to the RT Private Party? That's the one thing I was interested in!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh... what announcement? :(

Have fun...hope you get to leave!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your Mom have a great time...what a great present!
Hopefully your not delayed for too long.:(

Producer J. said...

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the Randy Travis party. During CRS they schedule 6-8 private events at once, and you just can't hit everything -- especially not things that are away from all the other action, like that one was.

I can tell you, because my co-worker went, that Randy did 4 songs -- "Diggin' Up Bones," 2 new ones, and "Forever and Ever Amen." He said Randy sounded great. After the performance he stood around and met the radio people.

Anonymous said...

Have a blast and get away from that snow! Looks pretty... but yeah, it's March for crying out loud.

Thanks for all of your awesome reporting!

I'll be looking very forward to being irritated by the announcement. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy my city of Jacksonville - even if it is just our airport!

Main said...

Going away without your laptop!! *shocked* ;-)

Have a good time, J.!

Jona said...

I hope you will have a great time, J. A well deserved break. Thanks for every update you have been giving us this week.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the sun, be glad you don't live in OH- we're up to 18 inches of snow and counting!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Paula said...

I knew you were headed to the sunshine state, but didn't know you were going on a cruise with the guys...and emceeing a show, no less! Hope you have a blast! Perfect timing after CRS.

I don't think I ever told you that I'm a card carrying member of the CRS club. Some day, I'll have to show you my card.

I'm curious about the announcement...can we have a listeners' revolt?

Paula

Anonymous said...

I love me some George Strait - but for two whole months non-stop.. eh - not too excited about it.

Thanks for putting up a good fight!

Paula said...

Saw the announcement about Strait County on XM17 for two months. What I couldn't find was information on what was happening after the two months. Will it go back to regular programming?

Paula

DaveBrz said...

I can see a month of George but two? Why not a seperate channel like they did with Led Zeppelin or Michael Jackson (which I do listen do).