Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Brooks

Trisha's event was held at a little club on 3rd Ave I don't think I'd been in before... because I didn't even know it was there. There were probably 300 people or so... it was invitation only, not the standard "your CRS Badge gets you in" that most late night events are. She had Heather and Johnny with her. Did several songs from the new album, as well as "The Song Remembers When" and "She's In Love With The Boy." The last one she did was "Cowboys Are My Weakness" and she did her usual bit about how someone always hollers out "Where's Garth?" and she doesn't want people to buy a ticket to her show thinking he's going to be there, because he's not. But tonight, he was.


So he came out, Johnny and Heather left, and together they did "Walkaway Joe." I don't recall him actually saying anything on mic the entire time he was up there... just playing and singing. She did make a funny comment about I heard you sang with someone else today... would you sing with me too?


The plan then was for them to be done, but she put him on the spot and asked him to sing one. "Just one, then we can go home." He did The Dance.


And then they left, holding hands.

14 comments:

Main said...

Cool! :D Looking forward to the pics!

Unknown said...

Ditto! Can't wait!

Jona said...

Me neither...

Jennifer said...

who was the lucky person to sing a duet with him ?? I know your busy but tell us more and yes pictures please

Jennifer said...

never mind I saw that you posted about the singer. I just missed it.. thanks for the pics J.. man I should have snuck in your breifcase. Cebastian wold have loved it. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool pics, Joyce! Thanks for gettin us in.

Anonymous said...

uh... wow.

I'm not allowed to say I hate you, am I? :P

Just incredible. Deep down, I had a feeling he was going to show up. So friggin' cool.

Thanks for sharing this with us and AWESOME pics!!! Love that you captured her watching him sing... sigh.

J Rocks! Now go take a nap!

Main said...

Very cool pics! Thanks J.! Now.. next time... don't get all nervous when they kiss, LOL! ;-) :p

Unknown said...

Great pics Joyce! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

What a night!!! Gotta love them! Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW...... and thank you. A million times. You are the best ever, but more than that, the best friend ever. Seriously. I know this is work, but I hope you're having fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, they're just the sweetest couple! Thanks for sharing your night with us...love the pics!:)
-Susan-

Paula said...

What an awesome opportunity to see them in such an intimate setting. Thanks for taking us with you and sharing the pictures.

...and ditto to what Main said. :p

Paula

Anonymous said...

All I can say is ...wow...and of course as always THANK YOU J !!! :)

CC