Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hola from Miami!!

I'm baaack~! Kind of. Holed up at the J.W. Marriott in Miami, which is quite possibly the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in in my entire life. And I've stayed in some very nice hotels. Computer in the room, so I can get all caught up on work, and a big ole flat screen tv on the wall. I might stay here forever.

We had the most amazing week at sea... I can't wait to tell you all about it, and share photos. The only small downside is that I got 2nd degree burns on my legs, which are swollen up like crazy. Note to self: SPF 15 not quite strong enough for the Carribbean.

The ports were all awesome - once again I loved St. Maarten the best. We had perfect weather, the group we traveled with was amazing... and I should have a pretty good radio show out of it all when I get a studio to edit it in.

And oh yeah... I bought a little... souvenir... from St. Thomas that I haven't told my husband about... Yet.

16 comments:

Jona said...

Welcome home!! We missed you here!! :) I'm glad to hear you have had a great week. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics.

What kind of souvenir? lol

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Why and when are you coming to Jacksonville?

Anonymous said...

Get some baking soda and add a cup to a warm bath (not hot, but warm enough to disolve the baking soda) and soak until the water is too cool for comfort. It'll take the sting out and reduce the swelling in your legs.

Producer J. said...

Dear Mr. or Ms. Anonymous --

I shall be in Jax in the morning. How's the weather?

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! In case you didn't get my text, thanks so much for the Nashville "souvenir"!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I am glad you had a great experience, but sorry to hear of your sunburn *yeeow*. I hope it subsides quickly!

CC

Producer J. said...

I did get it, sounds like it arrived on the right day? You are very welcome -- Hope all went well. I shall take that you are on the computer as a good sign.

:-) Will call you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Rock on, J - great to hear from you... sorry about the legs. Looking forward to all the stories. We've missed you!

I've been stalking Mrs. Brooks all weekend (and missing Ms. "Me") and so I now need a nap. :)

Main said...

Welcome back to the online world, J.! I have missed your writings.

Hope your legs will soon be better. And take factor 25 next time.

Hope your hubbie will like the souvenir!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!:) Great to hear you had a good time...too bad about the sunburn.;( Looking forward to hearing about your trip and what this souvenir is.

Anonymous said...

72 and sunny in Jax

Anonymous said...

I'm online off and on; hard to type one-handed. ;-)

Producer J. said...

Well, nice to know I have another Jacksonville reader, even if you are anonymous. (what's with all the anon posters lately? It's the net -- make something up!) I shall name you Jackie (unless you're a guy and would rather be Jack)

I spent a good hour wandering around your airport. Very cool Star of David art thing hanging from the ceiling y'all have on the escalator down to baggage claim. Took a few photos, looked for something healthy to eat (ha!) and picked up some brochures in case I ever make it back.

To the rest of you... there are photos forthcoming of the souvenir...

Paula said...

Love the bathroom pic! That one is just up my sister's alley.

Producer J. said...

No matter how much money I have, I will never, ever, ever, put a phone in the bathroom.

Ever.