Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Calgon... take me away! Back to where someone turns down my bed and leaves chocolates on my pillows... where the sun is shining brightly, the water is turquoise blue, and hot waiters pull out my chair and bring me lobster....

Taking a break from the intense Josh Gracin submersion I've been in (writing a ShortCuts episode that we're cutting TODAY) to refresh my brain and update you on a few things going on back here in Music City.

Bill Anderson Visits with the Statler Brothers is airing TODAY on XMX channel 2, so I'm told. I haven't had a chance to listen, but hope to on my way to the orthodontist.

Highway 16 Driver's Ed with Ashton Shepherd debuts today at 3pm ET - airs again Thursday and Sunday. This will forever be known between us as the "Miss Clairol Driver's Ed."

I no longer look like a Lobster, I'm now the color of a baked potato. My tan lines, however, have tan lines. But it's too cold here to show them off anyway.

Legs are much better too, thanks. One of the downfalls of those 2nd degree burns was that I'd registered to do a 5k for Komen on board ship - "On Board for the Cure." But I was in too much pain to run. That would have been awesome though - our ship had an outdoor running track and the weather was perfect. I'm bummed I couldn't do it.

Also - I caught Celebrity Apprentice last week for the first time. Trace did good!
Looking forward to seeing the next 2 shows.

Still haven't mentioned my souvenir to Gary... he worked late last night so I barely have seen him since returning home. But no, to answer a couple of questions, it's not a tattoo. LOL. It's much bigger. And more expensive. And is probably going to be delivered in the next 48 hours, so I should probably confess tonight...

2 comments:

Paula said...

I caught the last two Celebrity Apprentice shows and was also impressed by Trace. I had never watched the show before, and I can't say I'll watch it once Trace is gone.

Can't wait to hear about (orr see a picture of) your souvenir. Originally, I thought it might be a piece of jewelry, but sice it's being delivered, I'm thinking a piece of artwork. Just tell Gary how much money you saved by buying whatever it is in the islands.

Paula

Paula

Anonymous said...

Never have watched Apprentice, but am glad Trace is fairing well. It is good to read that your legs are better, but sorry you were not able to participate in Race for the Cure. My daughter and I raced together a couple of years ago and all of my kids have paricipated through their schools... it is great.

Can't wait to read/see about your souvenir :)

Thanks for helping me destress after work with all of your fun and interesting blog entries!