Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?


I know y'all have nto been able to sleep at night wondering what my garden looks like. So here you go. The first few pictures are the "Before" -what it looked like when I came back from the cruise. Perhaps someone can explain why you'd plant a row of daffodils along the sidewalk in the grass. Next year they'll be somewhere else, for sure. The last four pictures were taken at the end of our work day on Saturday.

We added pine bark mulch, a trellis and climbing rose bush, pansies, and hanging baskets. Drug out the bird bath and some feeders. And gave the tree a little character. Hopefully in a few weeks it will all bloom and be pretty. Not sure if we'll have roses this year... guessing probably not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Not planting anything new at the house on base this year since I won't be in the house by the time it would bloom. There are gladiolas planted on the side of the house that are growing like crazy and the lantana I planted last year is starting to bloom.

Probably won't do much at the new house this year either. Too busy decorating the inside. LOL

Jona said...

it looks very nice. Your house is beautiful. We have just got a around 10 inches of snow since yesterday, so no garden work for me :(
But I know I will plant Bluebonnets when the time comes.

Anonymous said...

It looks very nice J. We got more snow yesterday...ugh.. so it's pretty refreshing to view the pics of your gardens.:)

Anonymous said...

I love your house! :) And those purple...hydrangeas? They smell awesome.

Derek Elwell said...

Doesn't seem to be a lot of gardens sprouting around here since it's been so dry. Maybe this will be our wet summer in Colorado.


Here's a tag for ya: :-D
http://dereksword.blogspot.com/2008/03/tag.html

Anonymous said...

I want to come and rock on your porch. :-)