Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bright Spots

The writer in me would love to dash out a tale of angst and anguish about how badly I'm drowning at work right now...and share all the gory details of everything that went wrong in my 13 1/2 hour day. But instead... I will share the bright spots:

Script #5 is done

Paula formatting the show I have to write tomorrow

My new friend in our IT Help department

Two and a half days until Opry liftoff!

Hearing that one of the things waiting for me in the mail I haven't opened since last Thursday is new cookware.

Being met at an event 10 hours into the day with a smile and a glass of wine

When I get this damn wisdom tooth out, I'll get a day off work

Going into work extra early tomorrow means I'll get more done

Biscuits from the Loveless Cafe. With peach preserves.

Meeting Jimmy Dean and having him thank us for the good country music that XM brings into his life.

Thinking the only thing that might make those biscuits better was some Jimmy Dean sausage.

Bill Anderson with a microphone

Don Schlitz. Tom Schuyler.

In the same room as me. And Jimmy Dean.

A perfect fall night

Sitting on a couch singing Kenny Rogers and Randy Travis songs with Amy Paige

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A busy and fun day for you. Heck not a lot can beat singing Kenny and Randy songs.

Producer J. said...

Busy yes.... Fun...?

Not the first 10 hours at the office, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I like the singing part with Amy!! was wine involved?? LOL

I love the way you look on the bright side.
My day went well. I watched my granddaughter Grace in the AM. Brought her home and headed back to Manhattan the 3 rd time in a week to see a taping og Trisha for CBS Thanksgiving Day.
Harriet couldn't make it but our Friend Sue and my sister came along.

She sang Heaven Heartache... and The Song Remembers When.
We were in the front at the stage and after Trisha left they played the songs and we pretended that she was there for the shots of the audience!!!
Very Fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww... and your job is still better than mine! :)

Anonymous said...

J. Sirius has this weekend debuting Carrie's new Cd with her introducing the tracks.

Seeing how I am a subscriber to XM,

Do you know when XM will do this?