Thursday, October 18, 2007

Late Night Ramblings

I'm about 60% finished with Script #7 (don't be mislead into thinking Script #6 is finished, 'cuz it ain't) but my brain is giving out on me, so I thought I'd come here and ramble a while.

Got my hands on a full copy of the new Carrie Underwood album today. Of course as I was reading the booklet the very first thing I had to listen to was "I Told You So." Can't wait to ask her why she chose that song to cover!

Why don't we have a new Reba single yet? "Because of You" has peaked, the album is kicking ass at the cash register, come on folks! Keep those hits coming!

Speaking of the cash register -- LeAnn Rimes had the top selling new country album last week, 2nd to Rascal Flatts on the country chart. Sara Evans a little below her, my poor boys Van Zant moved less than 17k.

But back to LeAnn, I'm horribly confused on what's happening with her. Lost Highway (Bon Jovi's record label) released the duet with LeAnn as a single, which she told us would be the 2nd single off HER album. She's singing with Reba on the CMA's... Reba doesn't have a new single. Yet. The LeAnn duet is my favorite on the Duets album. Is it possible that LeAnn could have 2 singles on the chart competing against each other, and her record label doesn't have to work either one of them? Or has this all been explained somewhere and I've totally missed it.

Did any of you get affected by the bad weather in Tulsa last night? Trisha told us Garth was at the grocery store when it hit. His wife almost wasn't allowed to fly home from New York.

Great, now some of you are thinking about getting stranded in the frozen food aisle with Garth.

Other things to listen for in the Garth specials: His barometer for what determines the Greatest Hits, his goal for Teammates for Kids, and how to use Garth Nutts in a sentence -- and the reaction that got.

Garth's ShortCuts going to encore over Thanksgiving weekend, in case I forgot to tell you.

We've got Pink Innos (portable XM units integrated with XM+Napster and 50 hours XM storage) on the XM Friends & Family deal these days. FYI.

Anyone going to the Grand Ole Opry this weekend? I'll be out on the Opry Plaza in the XM booth Saturday afternoon.

Right now though, I'm headed to bed! And look, it's only 10pm!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief. I JUST sent you an email about the Friends and Family deal!!! ESP. :)

I don't even want to think about his reaction to Garth Nutts... it's all dirty. I hope you kept it in! LOL

Anonymous said...

J. I hope you'll like Carrie's new album. It's diverse and has something for everyone. She does Randy Travis's cover justice though.

Lucky you getting to see the booklet, none of us fans have yet to see it yet! Any secrets you want to share? He..he.

Did you say you were meeting with her later this week?

Producer J. said...

In a matter of hours, my dear.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh,I can't wait to read what you think of her new album! please tell us about the meeting too!

John C said...

Oh wow... meeting with Carrie... lucky you!! Can't wait to hear about it...

Four more days until we all get to buy the new CD... I haven't listened to anything other than the snippets yet, but I LOVE what I've heard so far...

Anonymous said...

Hope Trisha got home ok! And I must know that Garth Nutts thing, hope you can fill us in if it's cut from the show. BTW, did you get a chance to ask Trisha about Garth's new video, would love to know what she thinks!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, 'I Told You So' is one of my favourite Randy songs. Anxious to hear that one.

Producer J. said...

Now REALLY Marissa.

Would I cut a comment about Garth Nutts from my show?

NEVER.

Trisha did get home ok, for a while they thought she might have to go to Nashville instead, but they found a window.

polstmb said...

I keep saying I'm going to get XM so I can listen to all these shows you are writing. What's XM Friends and Family? I've seen the Inno. Have you heard good things about it?

Anonymous said...

Aaack! I can't listen to Nashville 11 online.. :(

Hope you're having fun at the Opry!