Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

11am Central Time - October 10, 2007

I officially began working on our country music Christmas channel.

I've gotten a bunch of new Christmas music in this year. Diamond Rio... Randy Travis... a compilation album called Play Something Country Christmas from SonyBMG. The most confusing one though, was Martina McBride's White Christmas.

It came in the mail a couple of days before they put out a press release on it. I'm thinking "Hmm... I thought Martina already did a Christmas album... and I thought it was called White Christmas." Definitely these were very recent Martina pics. I remember the original as having short-haired Martina pics. This CD said copyright 2007.

I went into our computer, and sure enough, the Martina Christmas music we had was from an album called White Christmas. It was a little Christmas twighlight zone.

A couple days later I got the press release that they were re-packaging her album with new graphics and 4 new songs.

Wonder if HER message board is all a twitter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times is Martina going to re-vamp that album! I like the new cover though. Prefer her with longer hair.

The collaboration with Dean Martin is very well done.

Anonymous said...

I think I might have to check out Diamond Rio's.:)

Anonymous said...

I hear Toby Keith has one out... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, he does. Its a double disc. The first disc is traditional songs like 'Silent Night', 'O Little Town Of Bethlehem', etc. The other CD is stuff like 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' and 'Jingle Bell Rock'.

Hopefully it will be better then his earlier Christmas (sorry I mean holiday) album, but it is Toby so I'm not holding my breath...