Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy IBMA Day!

Today's the big day in the Bluegrass World -- the IBMA Awards! You can hear it live tonight on XM 14 Bluegrass Junction. Our backstage coverage begins live at 9pm Eastern, followed by the Awards Show itself at 9:30 ET. Both our pre-show and the Awards show kick off the same way - with the reigning Entertainers of the Year! The Grascals will be with us backstage at 9:05, and they are the first performance of the Awards show.

Prior to all that fun though, there's a special luncheon at 11am this morning where the special awards winners are announced - including the Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year. My colleague, Kyle Cantrell, who singlehandedly programs Bluegrass Junction, is a nominee, along with 2 people from our satellite competitor. I find it interesting that all the nominees this year are from satellite.

So check back in later and I'll let you know how it goes. Regular readers here know that I'm 3 for 3 in obtaining nominations for broadcasters I've produced the nominations reels for. I'm looking for the first win today. :-) I have a better track record in the non-broadcasting field... I wrote the nomination for one of my husband's employees for a regional employee of the year consideration and she won a trip to Disney World. I'm available for hire should you desire to be nominated for something.

I've fixed my ACM dress so I have something to wear tonight, and I chopped on the hair a little more last night so it looks better. Funny thing was I got so many compliments on it at church last night... I just laughed. It just started raining, which is not good news for either my dress or my hair. Especially considering I have to spend this 14+hour work day in heels.

Now here's a question for you... these are my World of Bluegrass credentials. Does anyone else see something incredibly funny about this? (Although the photo doesn't quite do it justice.)

5 comments:

Zack said...

About the credentials.....I see a little redundancy.

Sharon said...

Good Luck Kyle!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Kyle, and to the Grascals!! :)

Producer J. said...

Alas, Kyle didn't win.

We'll get 'em next year!

Producer J. said...

By the way... the irony I was trying to point out in the photo was that it was for an industry with the color BLUE in it's name, and everything was green.

The color on the photo was off though, the lanyard was the color of interstate signs.