Monday, October 15, 2007

Put the Coffee Pot On!

So... catching up with y'all since Thursday...

... Delaynie had her last football game Thursday night. By the time I went to it, I still had not packed for my weekend in the Illinois cornfields

... Later Thursday night: black smoke rolling out of the hood of my car... further delaying packing.

... Departing at dawn for a 500 mile husband-less journey

... Me, a 10 year old, a pickup truck, and hours and hours of cornfields

.... Getting nothing done on the 7 shows I needed to write

... Turning down potential Show #8 for the week

... Lost count of the tractors

... $1300 in car repairs (including a new battery in a separate, Saturday incident) later, my car is running great in Tennessee

... $1300 in car repairs later, definitely NOT going to the Statler Brothers induction into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame

... $1300 in car repairs later, it's a damn good thing I've already booked my flight to KC or I wouldn't be going there either.

... awesome hugs from my neice, who thinks she's 3 even though she's not yet.

... barely making a dent in the 7 shows I needed to write

... collapsing from exhaustion and spending all of Sunday in bed

... way, way, way behind on the 7 shows I don't have a shot in hell of getting written

... waking up Monday with a very painful wisdom tooth that I don't have time to get out

... me, a 10 year old, a very full pickup truck, and hours and hours of cornfields

... locking myself away trying to tackle at least one of the four shows we are taping tomorrow

... brain. completely. fried.

... New Rule: No more than 3 shows taping per week that I have to write

... New Rule#2: No ShortCuts for albums with more than 30 songs.

... Must get a coffee pot upstairs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! I think you guys need some help at XM. ;-)

Producer J. said...

amen.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You've definitely had some stressful days. Hope things slow down a bit so you can breathe a bit.

Sandi, was that an offer?

Paula

Jennifer said...

sorry for you crazy weekend. I hope you get to relax some this week