Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Opry is ON!

I can't believe it finally happened... the Grand Ole Opry heard LIVE on XM Satellite Radio. We're all just a little bit giddy. And to kick it off at the Opry's 82nd Birthdy party was... pardon the pun... icing on the cake.

I worked about 3 hours on the Opry plaza ahead of the show at a booth we'd set up... handing out XM goodies and talking to folks. It was awesome how many subscribers came up and were excited that they were going to be able to go back home and listen to the Opry. And we've only cracked the surface of the Opry related programming yet to come -- stay tuned!

I had to take a photo of these jack-o-lanters on display in the Opry lobby... we haven't carved our pumpkins yet (bought them 2 weeks ago!) but I guarantee you they aren't going to look like this!

Just finished up writing the show we tape tomorrow - a ShortCuts with Little Big Town. Before I went to bed I thought I'd come here and ramble a little (really... y'all are cheaper than a therapist).

My goals for tomorrow are to tape the LBT show, locate some lost promos, and schedule and mix 2 logs, and then if nothing else explodes in the meantime... I hope to have 5 minutes to be able to call the dentist. I'm way over the legal limit on ibuprofen, apparently this tooth is not going to make me any wiser. I'm thinking our Christmas channel production is going to sound much better if I write it under the influence of something that comes via a prescription.

I just tonight unloaded photos from my trip... somehow I always come back and get mad at myself for not getting a photo of me and Maddie. Grr. I don't really even have a good one of her from this trip (she was getting sick.) I do, however, have lots of tractor photos.


I'm off to run some logs before my brain totally gives out on me. TTFN!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught some of Saturday's Opry on XM. I was watching the televised portion on GAC and had XM on at the same time thinking I would get some stereo, but XM was a little delayed. However, it was great to be able to listen to the in-between entertainment while GAC was doing it's 3-4 minute commercials and to hear the Opry after the televised portion. :-)

Can't wait to see what else XM has in store.

Hope your week is better this week than last.

...and get that tooth taken care of Missy.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear LBT! :D

I completely missed the Opry, since Nashville 11 isn't online, and well, long story about my receiver that's inside. ;-) Glad to hear it went well; Congrats!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'll stick with WSM, because simply thats the only place I can hear it!

Unknown said...

k - blogger hates me. :)

I missed the Opry. I was in French Revolution hell. Looking forward to listening in the future to Opry XM!

Love LBT. XM Rocks.

me - you ready to move back to Nashville with me yet?

Tractor pics make me homesick! For about 7 minutes, then I'm okay.

Producer J. said...

I took them for you 'Lish!

I think our secret goal in KC is to brainwash "me" into moving to Music City. It's completely crazy that she hasn't done it yet, and she knows it.

We'll insert subliminal messages into Garth music... yeah... that should do it.

Anonymous said...

I listened to it all day on my Xm portable.

I tell you something J. , this is SO MUCH better than that sucky WSM stream!