Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Still Dog Paddlin'

Seriously... I don't think I'm ever gonna get to swim. Remember last week when I said I was looking for a plane ticket to DC that was within my budget? Next time, tell me to screw the budget and buy the damn thing and just go knock everything out. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Had every intention of coming home and carving pumpkins tonight. I'd bought 3 big fat round pumpkins weeks ago. Managed to leave the studio just after 4 even, I was quite excited, Delaynie couldn't believe it. She shouldn't have.

I got stuck in the traffic from hell. And it was after 5 before I got home. 7 before I got dinner on the table. And my jack-o-lanterns are still pumpkins.

As if I don't have enough insanity in my life... my husband is changing jobs next week. Same company, new account. For those of you familiar with Nashville, the food is about to get a lot better at the Batman building. ;-)

I did manage to get one thing accomplished today - show #7.

Highway 16's CMA Celebration
Co-Hosted by Highway 16's Jon Anthony
- and -
Triple CMA Nominee Carrie Underwood
Friday 2pm Eastern
on XM's Highway 16

(numerous encores leading up to the CMA Awards on Wednesday)

I just this second realized that I sent in a US Country log that I got scheduled, and completely forgot to mix it. Ok, perhaps I'm not dog paddling after all...

Yesterday I went back to school - had a booth at the Belmont University Internship Fair. I've totally missed having an intern this semester, but in all honesty, I can't imagine when and where I'd schedule one as crazy and hectic as our studio situation has been lately. It's both a blessing and a curse to be internless, I think. Probably more of a blessing. Had a few possibilities for Spring, so hopefully something will come through.

The post-CMA party invitations are rolling in. I had an epiphany this afternoon in our weekly conference call where I realized - "&hit! The CMA's are NEXT week." CMA's in my world = late nights, logs that have to be done in advance, and picking out something to wear. Dear God, I'm gonna have to find time to color my hair before then. Maybe THAT's what I'll do Monday night instead of going to see Garth. The grey is completely out of control. Can't imagine why...

I keep thinking "next week I'm gonna take a day off." I've been thinking that for weeks. (I actually have taken vacation days - I just wound up working through them - and a couple more Saturdays.) Next week turned into last week into this week into next week and in reality, it's going to be December, I think. Right now I'd be grateful to have a few hours one afternoon to take a nap. Or carve a pumpkin.

Or build a raft.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks J. for the heads up on the Friday CMA special. I'll be listening for sure. Get some rest!
Hows the new house?

Anonymous said...

J. Is this a unique special to XM or the one being presented from Permiere networks? It is a 4 hour special previewing the CMAs.

Anonymous said...

J...we could always make a mess in KC. The Preston didn't seem to mind. ;-)


Okay, seriously... my code is gbmtv. LOL

Producer J. said...

I don't know anything about Premiere's special. Is Carrie hosting this?

This is one Carrie cut here in our studios - it's 2 hours.

Anonymous said...

I really think XM needs to step up and give you the tools to do your job with more efficiency.:p

Wish I could do something to help you out; in the meantime *throwing you a floatie*.

Paula

Anonymous said...

It's a 4 hours special that Carrie will co host.

Anyway, I'll look forward to the friday broadcast.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I go to Belmont, but am only a Soph. so I can't intern yet. That's cool that Belmont got a mention. Yay.