Monday, October 01, 2007

Sunday - Sunday - Sunday!

Ok... THIS is cool. Not that all the other programming we've been rolling out for Country Music Month isn't cool... but this is REALLY cool. It might have been my most brilliant thought of the past month, and it's actually happening!

Every Sunday in October, US Country takes you back in time - for a retro edition of Country Countdown USA with Lon Helton! Check out his special guest co-hosts, back when they were on the brink of being the superstars we know them as today!

SUNDAY, 10/7 – 4:00 PM ET – Country Countdown USA – week of March 27, 1993 (with hosts Brooks & Dunn)

SUNDAY, 10/14 – 4:00 PM ET – Country Countdown USA – week of October 30, 1993 (with host Toby Keith)

SUNDAY, 10/21 – 4:00 PM ET – Country Countdown USA – week of February 5, 1994 (with host Vince Gill)

SUNDAY, 10/28 – 4:00 PM ET – Country Countdown USA – week of September 11, 1999 (with host Kenny Chesney)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this sounds really cool!

Anonymous said...

That is really cool...well, all except for the October 28 episode.:p I assume this is the cool Sunday news you hinted at.

I noticed at least one glaring omission, however.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Very cool. US Country is my favourite station.

Only problem is I can't listen anymore, since it was taken away!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! But couldn't you find a different episode for the 14th? ;-)

Producer J. said...

Lon was great to go home this weekend and dig up some episodes for us to choose from. These I think all offer really interesting perspectives.

I think my favorite is going to be the Toby Keith episode. Look at it... 1993. He would have been on his first album. Regardless of How We Like Him Now... I'm curious to go back and hear how I'd have liked him then. Back when he was young and fresh.

Kenny in 1999 is going to be another great show. He was just a B level act back then... no where near the monster superstar he has become. Will be great to go back in time and listen to him on the brink.

And the music for these shows are great too. There's some big ole smash hits at the top of these charts!

I think they're going to sound great on the radio - and I'm so excited that they're going on MY channel!

Anonymous said...

You're right J...Toby Should Have Stayed A Cowboy. :) And Kenny definitely sounds a whole lot different in the beginning of his career, than he does now! It's funny to hear. :)

Anonymous said...

I am extremely bitter here. I CAN'T listen! Help! lol

Why did my favorite station have to go?