Saturday, October 06, 2007

How's THIS for irony?

Those of you who came here via PlanetGarth know that news of the concert broke to Garth fans when someone read about it here on my blog and posted it there. My posts are all time/date stamped, I welcome anyone to claim they broke the news before I did.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, but I didn't get tickets. Gary had 2 phones going and I had one, and we never could get to a show that had 3 tickets available. My oldest son and his wife live an hour outside of KC, and I'm very much looking forward to sharing a Garth concert with them.

So when the dust settles, if anyone has 3 tickets to sell, I'm in. I don't even know how many shows he wound up selling or what dates, but my schedule is open the first half of November. I'll get there.

So I did the thread for posting your "I GOT TICKETS" stories. Now I want to hear from those of you who didn't. LOL. Misery loves company.

In the meantime, I'm going to tell myself what I told you -- it will happen. I BELIEVE.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly. You didn't check your voice mail, did you. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that ya didn't get tickets, but with nine shows, surly you can end up getting some from ebay or something?

Anonymous said...

I didn't get tickets. But to be honest, I didn't even try. I live in Switzerland and although it is VERY tempting, I just can't justify flying to the USA for a concert.

At the same time, I am almost sick with disappointment. I know that if I REALLY, REALLY wanted to go, I could have organized it.

Every time I think about it, I find myself with tears in my eyes. And I keep hoping that maybe Garth will do a concert in Dublin and then I will move heaven and earth to see him there.

My feelings are so double. I am so happy that Garth is performing again and I am also happy that many of my American friends will see him (and meet up). And I am so sad that I won't be there.

Good luck, J. I am confident you will find tickets!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even try to get tickets. I've had a concert trip to FL for my other favorite Okie planned for months that same week! Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Is he playing Miami by any chance? Wont have quite the same ring when he says 'I'm from Miami.. . Oklahoma'

DaveBrz said...

Gave up after the 5th show, all I was trying to get was a single ticket. I'm not worried as I really cant afford the trip plus I have a feeling tickets will become available.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't anywhere near a computer yesterday...we were on the road for the afternoon and then I was visiting with my new grandchild.:)
I was tempted a few times to go on my brother in laws computer to see at least how many shows Garth had added, but thought better of it.;)

Wow, 9 shows, that's fantastic!
If I decide to take the journey, I guess I'll have to check out ebay unfortunately because getting the Saturday show is probably darn near impossible. I guess it 's also a possibility that more tickets will be added for those poor souls who didn't know about the 6 ticket limit.

Pam said...

Didn't get tickets but then again I didn't even try LOL Can't afford the tickets and airfare and hotel and food etc. oh and a rental car.

But if he decides to do a concert in San Antonio before July of 2008 or Somehwere in Ohio after that........ I'm there !!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that anyone who didn't get tickets, there is a trading post forum to buy/sell tickets (no scaplers!) over at PG that might be helpful.

J- it's possible that I will have 3 extra tickets. I'll know in a few days.

Anonymous said...

J, I know that somehow you will be going, because I do BELIEVE :)

I will not be going. Ticket and travel money went for a family get together. Close to the show times, I will be flying home to CO for my mom's 80th birthday :)....but I really look forward to reading about everyone's adventures...so wooohooo to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Nope Jacksonville!